Page 1 of 2
Ok guys, thanks to The Pit, I have all my old pokemon memories and I'm playing cause I'm bored. I'm trying to catch a Dratini in pokemon yellow in the safari zone and my pokeball kept missing it? any reason why?
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
isn't there a pokemon thread?
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
catch mudkipz

oh w8, wrong one...
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by gurg06
just do the whole masterball cheat at cinnabar island with missing0

isn't that in pokemon red?
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
when you throw the safari ball throw some bait first then throw some rocks then when you throw the safari ball hold down the a and b buttons at the same time, thats how i didi it. never got a dragonite though. and if none of this works asks metaldud. he knows his stuff
Rape it to make it weak
Quote by VoodooChild15
I used to take my penis out and touch stuff with it when no one was looking.

Quote by teensean
THANK YOU!!! i love you Snyde_Platypus!!!

I explained "lulz" =D
I think you can do that in blue too.

Who knows about yellow, that game is just whacked out.
Quote by F8iscruel
when you throw the safari ball throw some bait first then throw some rocks then when you throw the safari ball hold down the a and b buttons at the same time, thats how i didi it. never got a dragonite though. and if none of this works asks metaldud. he knows his stuff

If i use bait, i keep missing it with the pokeball
if i throw a rock, it runs
if i throw a ball, it breaks out right away
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by gurg06
just do the whole masterball cheat at cinnabar island with missing0

You cant take masterballs into the safari zone, I think

anyway

Can you actually do a masterball cheat in the yellow?

Quote by F8iscruel

You can't catch dragonites..... he said dratin. And the masterball doesn't work in the safari zone, the guard gives you 20 safari balls. Unless aforementioned hax in red will let you use masterballs, but since this guy has yellow, I don't see the relevance.

Pressing a and b while the pokemon is in the ball does jack squat. How much hp it has left and what kind of ball you're using are the only factors in catching one.
hue
Quote by black-sabbath
If i use bait, i keep missing it with the pokeball
if i throw a rock, it runs
if i throw a ball, it breaks out right away

thorw bait for 2 turns then throw rocks for three or two either one if you are suspicous of it running dont do it again and hold down the a&b buttons at the same time when you throw the pokeball it is supposed to be a fail safe way to catch a pokemon in the old games. hasnt worked since ruby though
Dratini's hard to catch. Some of the Pokemon in the Safari Zone will be that way. It may take you forever. Rocks make it easier to catch and Bait makes it less likely to run.
I think I caught Dratini by just throwing safari balls and ignoring bait and rocks. It took a really long time though.
Quote by sock_demon
You can't catch dragonites..... he said dratin. And the masterball doesn't work in the safari zone, the guard gives you 20 safari balls. Unless aforementioned hax in red will let you use masterballs, but since this guy has yellow, I don't see the relevance.

Pressing a and b while the pokemon is in the ball does jack squat. How much hp it has left and what kind of ball you're using are the only factors in catching one.

oh no no no i meant i never got mine fully evolved to dragonite. i use the a&b thing and its kind of just a motivatinal thing even if it doesnt really work it makes you happier when you catch something... for me at least

you know i am suprised that one guy should have psoted in here by now
hahah, retards ****ing grow up
Man: "I'd like to call you. What's your number?"
Woman: "It's in the phone book."

Man: "But I don't know your name."
Woman: "That's in the phone book too."
Quote by c0te15

you fail, its called having an inner child. you need to grow up
chaneira this pink one with the egg is really hard to catch as well

sorry dont know its English name
I kept throwing rocks until i got one that didnt run away, and then safariballed that mofo
took me ages
Drive me home Jeeves
Quote by libertines4ever
chaneira this pink one with the egg is really hard to catch as well

sorry dont know its English name

hell its really hard to find. oh and its called chansey
i remember when pokemon was cool at our school...

good innocent times
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
I caught it!
it was my last safari ball and i held down A+B
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by F8iscruel
hell its really hard to find. oh and its called chansey

yeah that took ages to get! i got dratini the first time with a safari ball when i first went there, then when i went back through the game it was impossible
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
feed it then it will love you. then catch and force it to work for less than minimum wage. (evil laugh)

<---- metal.
Quote by black-sabbath
I caught it!
it was my last safari ball and i held down A+B

gj now i always use the a+b thing but it never ever works on chansey. get a kadabra though and trade it for a haunter youll then have the best pokemon ever
Quote by black-sabbath
isn't that in pokemon red?

Quote by libertines4ever

Can you actually do a masterball cheat in the yellow?

Answer is, you can't do the item multiplying cheat in yellow. It got fixed, it only works in red and blue. And you can't take master balls into the safari game.

/pokenerd
Quote by F8iscruel

I eventually got a lv100 dragonite - it was the best thing ever since it didnt really have any weaknesses, and could learn any move through the TM's; and this was by trading it into silver version

Lv100 Dragonite, and Lv100 Mewtwo - good times
cant remember wot other pokemon i had, but i can remember i liked blastoise and articuno

I would go on the games now just for the memories if only i knew where they were

If only life was as simple as pokemon.. no-one dies they just faint, and all the policewomen and nurses were hot, and identical wherever u went
does any one know if you could actually catch mew in the original games. not stupid cheats or anything like that none of thsoe stupid special events was he actually prgramed to be accessable at all to anyone
Quote by F8iscruel
does any one know if you could actually catch mew in the original games. not stupid cheats or anything like that none of thsoe stupid special events was he actually prgramed to be accessable at all to anyone

Not without attending a nintendo event, no.
Quote by F8iscruel

No you cant from what I know of and I've played red blue and yellow, only mewtwo is accessible from what I know.

anyways do you guys still have the original cartridges or do you guys play rom's these days?

On the other hand, I also remember when pokemon was cool at our school xD. I still do play it today, im currently playing diamond.
Quote by NGD1313
Yes, my mom walked in on me getting my carrot skinned.

So I freaked out and flipped the vegetable tray.

There was ranch everywhere.
Quote by Gorre
No you cant from what I know of and I've played red blue and yellow, only mewtwo is accessible from what I know.

anyways do you guys still have the original cartridges or do you guys play rom's these days?

On the other hand, I also remember when pokemon was cool at our school xD. I still do play it today, im currently playing diamond.

I have it for game boy color!
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by Gorre

No. You can actually get 2 in the original three WITHOUT using hacks. http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=198314&topic=20891072
Quote by c0te15

Says the person with Nirvana as his avatar, loser.
Vistit my site and impress all your mates with your new found knowledge!

The GuitarZone!
Page 1 of 2