Okay, so I'm in a band in which we're going to play 'skacore', like bands such as Capdown and Reel Big Fish.

Can anyone offer me any advice on this genre of music? I've listened it more than anything else recently, and had a read through the lyrics, I'm just stuck :/
I think bands like Capdown have really good lyrics about seemingly spontanious things, I'm just wondering, how can I achive something similar?
Think songs like Beer - Reel Big Fish, although I can kinda see a meaning behind that one.

thanks in advance.
KAPTAINS - Coming Soon!
-
Epiphone G-400 Custom
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
-
Crybaby
Digitech Bad Monkey
EHX Little Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
Boss BF3
-
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Marshall G50RCD
Off subject, but check out The Flaming Tsunamis, not THAT'S skaCORE, haha. You'll enjoy it!

Oh, and I'm not sure, just write about what you know. That's what ska's about, singing what you know about the things around you and what you love etc... I hope that's of some help.
Quote by gorecore=me
is a bidet a type of crisp?
Aye, write about what you know. Look around you and find an idea you like and then write, write, write. Things that are important to you in your every day life. Just write all the time and at some point you'll start to develop and find that you're writing things you like. Then look at skacore lyrics and the kind of things they write about (dreaming, work, general life, hope, hate) and put your own slant to it. Write what you think about it. And also... read, read, read. Not just skacore lyrics, just any lyrics, poems, books, whatever, to gain a better understanding of diction. Then look back at Capdown lyrics and realise that they're simple and honestly not all that great, but do the job perfectly. Then... write .
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Goddamnit, there are too many "core"s now.

Ska punk is always happy.
Take a look at RBF's "She Has a Girlfriend Now". Instead of being mopey and sad about his girl being a lesbian, he's surprised and amused that his ex likes the cooter.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
cool, thanks everyone
KAPTAINS - Coming Soon!
-
Epiphone G-400 Custom
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
-
Crybaby
Digitech Bad Monkey
EHX Little Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive