I am taking lessons and today I learned a little about some scale work. I have searched endlessly on google and have come up with a couple different websites pertaining to the modal system but they all seem to be different in what they teach. Basically I am looking for a diagram of the neck that shows the 5-6 different patterns on how to play the scales up and down the neck. For example, in the key of G he started me off with a pattern that starts on the 2nd fret but he mentioned that if I searched around online I could find the other patterns that are up and down the neck for the scale of G.

I know that by sliding those patterns up and down the neck to their respective tonics, I can essentially have the tool to learn the notes on the fretboard in any key. Does anyone know of a good website I can go to? Also, if you know of a book that is guitar/bass specific, that would be nice as well.
~Nick
FOR SALE:

Alvarez FD-60 acoustic electric- $295 obo (perfect condition, amber finish)
Lindy Fralin Blues Special Strat pickups (as set, perfect condition) - $175 obo

PM me if you are interested!
Excellent I think that is what I am looking for. Thanks for the help!
~Nick
FOR SALE:

np ive been using it for a couple of months since i got serious and ive been playing for liek a a year
Actually after looking it over a bit closer, it is not what I am looking for. I was looking for something that goes up and down the neck. For example everything in the key of G shown there is shown in the 3rd position (starting at the 3rd fret). The search continues...
FOR SALE:

Ok well it is obvious I know nothing about theory. I am looking for scale finger positions that go up and down the neck. I know if I can start in one key (i.e. key of G) I can move those patterns to their respective tonics to get different keys.
~Nick
FOR SALE:

Quote by ccrnnr9
Ok well it is obvious I know nothing about theory. I am looking for scale finger positions that go up and down the neck. I know if I can start in one key (i.e. key of G) I can move those patterns to their respective tonics to get different keys.
~Nick

Then the link I posted has what you're looking for -- a diagram of all the finger
positions - key of G (as well as Harmonic and Melodic minor). They are all in
the "3 note per string" fingering system. I highly recommend this system (there
are others) as it has many, many advantages and negligable disadvantages.
Quote by ccrnnr9
~Nick

Did you try the software I linked? It's free and you pick which scale you want and it shows you all of the applicable notes on the fretboard. I think this is what you want.