So i want to buy a les paul, and i heard the epiphone elitist series is probably one of the best les pauls i could buy. Anyway i was wondering that instead could i buy a good epiphone les paul around $500 and just change the tuners and pickups and would it sound like the elitist. Or would it just be better to buy Les Paul Custom? I am trying to save money while also trying to get great quality guitar..so yeah kinda hard. Anyway if i left anything out just ask. Thanks.
My Gear:
Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster
Squire Stratocaster
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss Super Chorus
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
Customs are nice...

Silverburst my friend...

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
because its overpriced, if i could i would buy one but the the classic is already 2 grand and the standard is more. I have no clue how the studio sounds though.
My Gear:
Squire Stratocaster
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss Super Chorus
Get a Epiphone Standard and maybe mod it a bit, some new pickups and stuff...
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by evening_crow
Customs are nice...

Silverburst my friend...

is there any difference between both guitars besides the color? Like pickups and such.
My Gear:
Squire Stratocaster
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss Super Chorus
I'm in the same boat but some guy at a music shop said he could help get me the stuff to improve a les paul like you were thinking about so i'm saving up for an epi and then gonna add new pickups and machine heads etc. so I can get a good guitar without the rubbish finish of a les paul custom.
I have an epi standard plus. it's pretty sweet and a great guitar in my opinion, but try them out and see what the biggest differences are.
Nope, the differences between the elitist and 'regular' epis concern not only the pickups, but also the tonewoods and build quality, so changing the pickups won't make a regular epi as good as the elitist. However, it'd still be a good guitar, so if you want to save money, go for it. Just expect it to be a fine guitar, don't expect it to be exactly like the elitist.

If you care though, check out this guitar:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-ART300-Electric-Guitar?sku=518065

It's better than an Epi LP Standard in my oppinion, the build quality especially. The pickups are superior, too, so you maybe won't find the need to change them.
The normal epis alread have good tuners on them (as far as I know, grovers)

Don't listen to the Epi bashers, unless they talk of anything below the LP standard/ G-400.

EDIT- Or listen to above poster
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
Quote by Tarts42
is there any difference between both guitars besides the color? Like pickups and such.

Not that i've noticed so far. but then again, who wouldn't kill for that finish?

Stock pickups sound good, at least u won't have to change them immediately to get a good sound.

Would a custom les paul have a good build quality i mean i know not as good as the elitist but, you know great quality almost as much as the elitist? So would that be my closest bet at a good guitar?

Also ill keep the ibanez one in mind.

Or is there a guitar with good build quality (preferably epiphone since i know i could kinda trust) that i would be able to mod?
My Gear:
Squire Stratocaster
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss Super Chorus
Quote by Tarts42
Would a custom les paul have a good build quality i mean i know not as good as the elitist but, you know great quality almost as much as the elitist? So would that be my closest bet at a good guitar?

Also ill keep the ibanez one in mind.

Or is there a guitar with good build quality (preferably epiphone since i know i could kinda trust) that i would be able to mod?

mine feels sturdier than the gibson sg's and schecter c1 hellraisers i've tried.

All right, i guess ill just choose over the silverburst and the custom one. Im pretty sure they are the same just different color so yeah. Thanks.
My Gear:
Squire Stratocaster
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss Super Chorus
@Xn00bX: Well not everyone has the budget to buy a 2000-3000$ guitar.

@Tarts42: Look for Esp/ltd eclipse same looks with better pick ups on some models.
I haven't tried them out first hand, but on paper, Elitists are a class of its own compared to the mainstream Epiphones.
US made pickups, quality hardware, better workmanship, higher grade wood, exclusive hardcase, and nitrocellulose finish etc.
For the price I reckon the Elitist is terrific value for money that doesn't compromise in quality.