Ok so I bought a set of tabs for Peter Ciluzzi's songs and realised he's always in different tunings :p

I bought these songs, all different tunings:

Northern- C#G#EF#BE

March- EbGDGBbD

Sojounr- CGDGCD

The only tuning I'm framiliar with is standard. Can you tell me a bit about these tunigs? Like the best way to get to them. And if I get an electric tuner would I easily be able to tune to these tunings?

Also could chaning tunings too often hurt the guitar's neck?

Thanks
the easiest way to tune your guitar is to buy a chromatic tuner. you should be able to find them at any good music stores.

for example... with march, the low E string is tuned down a semitone to Eb, A is tuned down one tone to G, D remains the same, G remains the same, B is tuned down one semitone to Bb, E is tuned down one whole tone to D.

Changing tunings should not hurt your guitar at all. the whole purpose of the truss rod in the neck is to withstand pressure that a normal all wooden neck would have trouble with. The only way to really damage a truss rod is to adjust it wrecklessly without knowing what you're doing. Tuning your guitar will not damage it whatsoever.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
the easiest way to tune your guitar is to buy a chromatic tuner. you should be able to find them at any good music stores.

for example... with march, the low E string is tuned down a semitone to Eb, A is tuned down one tone to G, D remains the same, G remains the same, B is tuned down one semitone to Bb, E is tuned down one whole tone to D.

Changing tunings should not hurt your guitar at all. the whole purpose of the truss rod in the neck is to withstand pressure that a normal all wooden neck would have trouble with. The only way to really damage a truss rod is to adjust it wrecklessly without knowing what you're doing. Tuning your guitar will not damage it whatsoever.

Semitone is a halfstep right? I just started learning theory and stuff not too long ago.

Anyways thank-you!
yup, it sure is. a tone is two halfsteps. Good luck! that ciluzzi stuff takes a lot of finesse.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.