in a previous thread of mine i was considering several epiphone guitars, but now i've explored further and found two cool ESP guitars and would like to get your opinions on them. keep in mind i want both good distortion AND clean tones.

ESP LTD KH (kirk hammet?) 203

and

ESP LTD EC 200QM
Quote by Mwoit
Neither. LTD guitars only get really good with 400+ models.

+1
That's exactly what i was gonna say.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Although the upper models are the really great ones, I love my ESP LTD Alexi-200.

Stock pickups aren't great though, you'll probably wanna swap em out for something better, like an EMG 81/85 combo.

I recommend them strongly, they're the best in that price range.
Quote by trsc
They're ALRIGHT under the 400 models, not amazing. A hell of a lot better than Epiphone's "upper end" crap.

I disagree with that. My Custom Les Paul feels, plays, and sounds much better than my friend's ec-300. Notice that both of them have a Les Paul body.

The only thing that was a bit better on the LTD was that it had a slightly thinner neck, but even then it felt a bit flimsy. The cleans were flat and the distortion a bit thin. Maybe if u swap some good pickups into it then it would be a really nice guitar.

id recommend anything that isnt a bolt-on. unless poopy sustain is your style. i have a viper 200 (which still sounds really good) and an F 250, and both of them sound much better than my rhythm guitarists high end epiphone. plus, his lp has seymour duncans, which werent stock.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
Quote by CaRveItiNbass
id recommend anything that isnt a bolt-on. unless poopy sustain is your style. i have a viper 200 (which still sounds really good) and an F 250, and both of them sound much better than my rhythm guitarists high end epiphone. plus, his lp has seymour duncans, which werent stock.

Nope, still got stock pickups. I only changed the strings (hybrid slinkies), fixed the intonation and action (i play in drop Db).

picking a guitar is getting confusing.

my budget? these two already are a bit too expensive. i probably won't be able to buy anything above 500 euros. these two cost 530