yeah, i've got some fret buzz problems right now and I know I have tu adjust my truss rod but I wonder which way should a turn it???I mean should I tighten it or loosen it????
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
Ibanez VBT700
Ibanez SZ320
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Crafter D8/N
Peavey Transtube Bandit 112
Peavey Grind Bass 5 BXP NTB
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby
when you're sitting down playing, pull it towards your face.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Quote by /-Vince-\
yeah, i've got some fret buzz problems right now and I know I have tu adjust my truss rod but I wonder which way should a turn it???I mean should I tighten it or loosen it????

Whooooaaaa

Are you sure that's the problem? Have you checked the relief, etc.? Don't just start turning without knowing what the problem is first.
are you sure its not your action, ive seen too many warped necks this year...
Truss rod adjustment should be the last thing you do to eliminate fret buzz. The number one reason is your action is set too low and number two is you need a fret dress. The purpose of a truss rod should never to be to set action. And the first step in making any relief adjustment is measuring your current relief. If you don't know how to do that, don't touch the truss rod.
Quote by FrugalGuitarist
The purpose of a truss rod should never to be to set action.

yep.

check the relief of your neck by lookin down the neck (from the headstock is easier) and look at the curve of the neck. it should have a slight dip in the middle. if theres a hump in the middle (it goes up instead of down) that could be causeing your buzz too and you would deffinately need to adjust your truss rod.

turning the screw to the right(tightening it) will make the neck bow back more(straightening it if there's too much relief) turning the screw to the left(loosening it) will make your neck bow forward. dont turn the screw more than a 1/6th of a turn at a time.

read up on this, go to you tube watch some videos and if youre not 100% confident go to a friends to have em do it or consult a tech. some techs will adjust your truss rod for free.

good luck. and whatever you do if the screw doesnt want to turn DONT FORCE IT! other than that its no big deal really.

EDIT: also to check your relief you should press down your 1st and last frets and see how much clearence there is at the 12th fret. if its hard to see press the string down at or around the 12th fret so you can see the difference. there should be about 2mm any less and you'll get buzz
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Last edited by plucky duck at Jun 10, 2008,