hey guys. i want to tune my guitar to C (not drop C but EVERY string down two steps). do i have to adjust my truss rod for this? or will i be able to fly from C to E easly? also what size strings should i use. normaly for my jackson i use .9s
I drive a big chevy truck

Jackson DKMGT
Epiphone SG
VOX-AD30VT
Peavey BXP bass
Yamaha 12 string acoustic
Behringer BX1800 Bass amp
KORG toneworks pandora's box PX4D
BOSS overdrive/distortion
i dont think you would have to change the truss rod, i hope not anyway, cuz i dont, hopefully my guitar doesnt decapitate me cuz of this
C standard makes my 10's excessively floppy.

Damn it sounds great though!
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
no truss rod adjustments. As for the gauge, i use .56-.13 on my explorer and the tension is just fine.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Quote by lepermessiah22
no truss rod adjustments. As for the gauge, i use .56-.13 on my explorer and the tension is just fine.

I agree with this gauge...

Quote by Moose1309
Drop C with 9's? Good luck. I'd go with at least 11's.

Fail
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I would suggest size.011-.052 strings. You probably need to get the guitar set up by a tech unless you really know what to do. I wouldn't suggest going back and forth between tunings because of the string tension. If you're in C with .011's then you tune up to E the strings will be really tight and hard to play.
Quote by MorgMetal_666
You probably need to get the guitar set up by a tech unless you really know what to do.

You really don't need a setup. Sure you could get one if you want. But it isn't necessary. You can just put the strings on and play.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Quote by MorgMetal_666
I would suggest size.011-.052 strings. You probably need to get the guitar set up by a tech unless you really know what to do. I wouldn't suggest going back and forth between tunings because of the string tension. If you're in C with .011's then you tune up to E the strings will be really tight and hard to play.

I play in E with 11's and I'm switching to 12's so I can go between D and E more comfortably.....Anything below 11 bugs me......My step dad plays with 9's and I can barely play his guitar since I overshoot pitches and such.....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
all great info here. got to ask another question though to get some clearity on the subject. is it possible to be playing a song in E and then tune it to C? from what im reading its not possible, the strings will feel weird
I drive a big chevy truck

Jackson DKMGT
Epiphone SG
VOX-AD30VT
Peavey BXP bass
Yamaha 12 string acoustic
Behringer BX1800 Bass amp
KORG toneworks pandora's box PX4D
BOSS overdrive/distortion
You shouldn't have too adjust the truss rod. I tune to C using 9-46's and they work fine.
-ash
if you're going into drop c (all strings 2 full steps down- i think some people call it c-standard?)
from standard tuning you should probably get it set up by a guitar tech and 9's are not going to be sufficient you'd probably want 11's

on a side note the best band that plays in dropped c (all strings down 2 full steps) is Cold :-)
too bad they are no more :-(
Quote by AkiraSpectrum
if you're going into drop c (all strings 2 full steps down- i think some people call it c-standard?)
from standard tuning you should probably get it set up by a guitar tech and 9's are not going to be sufficient you'd probably want 11's

on a side note the best band that plays in dropped c (all strings down 2 full steps) is Cold :-)
too bad they are no more :-(

Drop C isn't all strings 2 steps down.
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
God. Damn it.

Drop C is Drop D 1 step down. (Metallica, St. Anger)
C Standard is all strings 2 steps down. (Dethklok)

Learn the difference.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Last edited by Underjoggle at Jun 10, 2008,
You'll still have to adjust lots of things even with a hard tail guitar?? Can't you just turn the tuners?
I've never tuned to C but I do use C# quite a bit.

If you adjust your string gauge accordingly, you don't need any truss rod adjustment. I use 12's for C# and the tension is similar to E with 10's. For the love of GOD, don't try it with 9's or 10's. Flop, flop, flop. For C, I'd use 13's. You may need to adjust some strings to avoid buzzing.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.