Hello i have a Hughes & Kettner Edidtion Blue 60dfx and im wondering how to hookup a EHX Metal muff to it. Im not sure how, and do I have to use Line In and Out on the back of the amp? Also what does Line in and Line Out do?
I just plug it into the normal inputs infront of my guitar, never use the stuff on the back except for direct amplifier recording.
Just do it guitar -> pedal -> amp input. Line in is for stuff like a cd player or a mp3 player, so you can jam with other tracks. Line out is for getting the signal straight from the amp (for recording purposes mostly, I think).
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
all you need to do is plug a lead into the guitar and the other side of the lead goes into the input socket on the edge of the pedal. then take another lead and plug that into the output socket on the other side of the pedal and the other end of that lead into the input on your amp. have fun
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Its definately not working, it worked on my other amp yesterday. I just get like fuzz and what not and really low volumes. Im going Guitar-INPUT of pedal-other part of pedal(says amp)-to input of amp
Thats how i have it hooked up. Should i try to Put the cord from the pedal to the amp into the Footswitch instead of input?!
Quote by sno cone
Its definately not working, it worked on my other amp yesterday. I just get like fuzz and what not and really low volumes. Im going Guitar-INPUT of pedal-other part of pedal(says amp)-to input of amp

Say, did you leave the cable plugged into the input of the pedal overnight? Because if you did, that probably drained the battery, and you have to replace it. If using a new battery doesn't work, I think it might be broken.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
No I didnt, im hooking it up the same way as i did with my Fender Frontman and i dont get squat
Quote by sno cone
Thats how i have it hooked up. Should i try to Put the cord from the pedal to the amp into the Footswitch instead of input?!

No, that won't work.

Check the battery. If you left the lead plugged into the pedal since you played it last you've drained the battery. It takes power from the battery as long as a cord is plugged into the input jack of the pedal.

EDIT: Try a different cord if you have one. Try both of the cords direct from the guitar to the amp and see if that works. If you have another guitar, try using that if none of the above work.
apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
What settings do you have on your amp/pedal?
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Meh, i think im just gonna sell the pedal to my friend. But this amps distortion is only mediocre or i just suck with settings, probably a mix of the two.