Do they work for cheap solidstates? I have a micro cube and it sometimes doesn't get heavey enough without using mounds of distortion, which then makes everything sound like a dieing piece of Styrofoam. It sounds bad. Or should I get a new pickup?
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
I'd start off with a lesser expensive EQ pedal and try that before going with new pickups. New pickups can make a difference, but won't be as noticeable on the Cube. Not to mention, then you're stuck with the tone of the pickups through the Cube.

The EQ will give much more ability in adjusting your tone. Once you have a better amp, such as a tube amp, then I would consider looking into new pickups if the new amp + EQ still aren't giving you the tone you're looking for (although, that would most likely be because you got the wrong amp).
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Its just these Pickups can't get harmonics very well at all, but if an EQ WILL make a difference then I might go for that instead. Any suggestions on one?

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Probably one of the better (if not the best) CHEAP EQ pedals, is made by Danelectro, called the Fish & Chips. It's small 7-band eq and it does what it needs to do decently well, especially for the price. Usually found around $30-$40USD.

The only other pedal that I personally like would be the MXR 10-band EQ, but then you're looking at three to maybe four times the price of the Danelectro. Sure it's much nicer, but if money's a concern, the Danelectro is not a bad pedal.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/MXR-M108-Ten-Band-Graphic-EQ?sku=151115 ?? I can afford it, if it will last me forever. And be useful, because that means I have 100$ less for a new amp. But I do like the sound from my amp, just need a lil bit tweaked.

yeah eq's are cool, put it in your pedal line to be able to tweak your sound, or you can put it in your effects loop and you can get some huge boosts and being able to get a lot of different sounds.

ugh they kick some series ass in an effects loop, lol. But you can never go wrong with a decent eq pedal
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
How is your B-52? I want one =(
Also I heard about these (rack processors) What are they?

The pickups have nothing to do with harmonics ringing out, it's all technique and you should be able to have them ring out on the clean channel. I would suggest saving your money for a new amp since anything else is pretty much just throwing your money away.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
How would it be wasting money? I could keep that pedal forever, and use it to help me out now. Then save up money for a new amp. I don't need a new amp ATM just a little bit of a tone tweak. And I can do pinches just fine on other guitars, so its not me idiot.
So shut up and tell me how your EQ is, since I'm considering it.

Yes it is you, if they are ringing out acoustically then the pups will pick them up, simple fact. If you can't get them to ring out acoustically you're doing it wrong.
Quote by Pinky19
And I can do pinches just fine on other guitars, so its not me idiot.
So shut up and tell me how your EQ is, since I'm considering it.

Such people skills.
My Stuffs
Whammy->DL4->Holy Grail->MXR 108->Mesa Rectoverb
OCD->Sun Face->Big Muff->535Q->DL4->Orange TT
You're not even worthy of such a pedal.
Quote by Kino22x
Such people skills.

I'm usually not like that, just people saying stuff that I KNOW is untrue. On Seymour Duncan's website they have an option if you're looking for pickups with "better harmonics" so apparently it DOES matter.

I have the same problem with you pinky... they say eq pedals are nice but i will go and try them out see if they are really good for my micro cube...
And you're not worthy of life, so **** off. I'm asking questions and you're just being a douchebag. No one needs you here, so please leave. =)

^You prove your dumba$$ery further. Better harmonics means notes that you hear octaves above and below the pitch you play. It has nothing to do with artificial or pinch harmonics.
Fine prick. You corrected another person who has little experience. Does that make you feel better when you go to bed at night with knowing you insulted someone without the experience and knowledge you have? All I want to know is what EQ pedal I should get. This thread has nothing to do with pinch harmonics. Its about me and what equalizer I should get. So please, tell me whether you like your MXR 10 Band EQ or not. Please.

Quote by Pinky19
On Seymour Duncan's website they have an option if you're looking for pickups with "better harmonics" so apparently it DOES matter.

Seymour Duncan's site says a lot of things. It's not all 100% infallible content...

Pinch harmonics are definitely more a technique thing. I can do them on my vintage output single coil pickups on my Strat...or on my hotter SG pickups. While pickups may help, nothing is a substitute for good technique and a copious amount of gain.
I can get them though, just they just are not as sharp or bright as I can get on my other guitar. Or any other guitar, going through the same amp. BUT WHAT ABOUT EQ PEDALS?!?!?!?

Dude, I was just trying to suggest something. If you have to crank the gain to get as heavy as you want you need a different amp. An eq pedal is not going to help that. The mxr is good, but it's not gonna save your amp. Eqs tend to work best in the loop and since yours has no loop it will probably do little good.

I'm not trying to insult your technique, I can't always get them to ring out clear, but I know it's me and not the amp. I just didn't want you to think you could improve your phs with equipment.
I can get them fine, they just don't have the sound I want. I have tried over and over to find the sweet spot on my new guitar and I can't find a very good one. They alwaus seem a little odd sounding. Like they are not a high pitched noise, its kinda flat. I can do it on other guitars, just not this 1. And I'm not getting it to make those sound better, its to make a more defined sound. But maybe I will just wait for it if it will make no difference.

usually to help bring out pinch harmonics the more gain, treble and volume the better. So an EQ pedal in an effects loop you can use it as a treble booster, and a little mids wouldn't hurt either. Also can give you more volume.

Like i said before though, an EQ pedal in your pedal board will let you tweak your sound, and this can help getting sounds you want. But in the effects loop its has a much wider range and can use it for tweaking to an all out treble boost, or completly scooping your mids if you wanted to.

I always though my b-52 was a bit dark sounding and was always finding ways to get more treble, in my attenuator it has a treble boost switch which does an assume job, but with my EQ pedal (its a boss GE-7 that i got off ebay for like 50 bucks) it does give you a LOT more control and versatility to your amp IMO.

although i have played on some microcubes but nothing extensive. I'm not sure how much this will help you. Honestly a new amp would give you even more versatility but at the same time, with a solid EQ pedal you can use that even if you decide to upgrade your amp.

And like some people have said, just cause something said they have better harmonics doesn't really have anything to do with pinch harmonics. To get the good harmonics they are online in certain places, 12th fret, 9th fret... etc (i'm not exactly someone can correct me on this if they really want...) but you can do a pinch harmonic on almost anything fret if you pinch the right place in the string. just to clarify...

but fighting and cussing out someone on the internet is stupid it gets people no where. People are going to post what they want when they want most of the time, don't let it bother you. If someone doesn't say something thats helpful just ignore them, not worth your or someone elses time, lol...
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial