Well I have been looking at a telecaster for 169.99 and wondering if its good. If its not please suggest one around that price. Thank You!
Standard Squier Teles aren't as bad as people make them out to be, they are great for beginners. Go in a shop and give them a feel out, see if you like the shape and if the neck is comfortable etc.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Around that price? Hmm. You may want something more versatile than a Telecaster, not that I don't love them though.
Quote by Hoodoo Child
or is it £169?

No, I looked it up on MF, $169. I didn't know that Squiers were THAT cheap. Hmm.
Quote by liamdude555
So is it worth getting for a beginner?

Maybe... You'd have to try it out to see if it's ok.

Fender Tele MIMs are great if ur looking for an inexpensive telecaster.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Hehe its on Ebay so I might wont be able to try it will they have it at my local store?
If you want a more versatile guitar than a tele try a epiphone les paul junior(150-160$) or even the 150$ version of an epiphone SG, pretty good guitars if your a starter, i had the sg and it was a great guitar, i only moved up to a better one when i got better, try guitar center for these, the one where i live usually has the les paul in stock, the tele is a good guitar though
(these are jsut personaly suggestions as i dont' like tele body style or the way they play, its all up to personal preference, if the tele feels good to you, and sounds good buy it)
Hmm I haven't tried the tele or sg or les paul junior. I will be playing classic rock mostly which would be best out of those 3?
Quote by liamdude555
Hmm I haven't tried the tele or sg or les paul junior. I will be playing classic rock mostly which would be best out of those 3?

I'd go for an SG as it will give u more of a bright crunchy sound than a les paul and will handle distortion better than a tele. However, the models mentioned before are for unexperienced beginners. If you think you'll stick to guitar and will want to buy a better one later on, why don't u buy a more decent one that you won't have to replace? 300-600 dollars would be good to get you a Fender MIM model, an Ibanez, or an Epiphone.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
umm the sg is a nice guitar, i agree with crow though if you can save up and just get a 300 dollar version of the epiphone les paul, i have one right nwo and it sounds great for any kind of music pretty much, but if your looking to stay under 200..... id def try the sg or les paul because of your main style going to be classic rock, the tele is nice but its not going to be that great with distortion as crow said