I'm looking for a new PASSIVE pickup to put in my strat. I play through a Line 6 Vetta if thats important.
what style of music do you want to play and which of the 3 pickups to you want to change?
Not taking any online orders.
yeah i want to change the bridge pickup. i play a lot of hard rock and metal. I want something that could sound good distorted and clean.
in that case I must recommend (as always):

Seymour Duncan SH-11 Custom Custom in trembucker verions (or F-Spaced).

Very nice pup and if you don't like it Duncan has an exchange policy. Also, I suggest calling their customer service number and taking it thru with them as they are real good about helping people decide.

imo

http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/humbucker/

i've also hear good things about the new SH-15 Alt 8
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
in that case I must recommend (as always):

Seymour Duncan SH-11 Custom Custom in trembucker verions (or F-Spaced).

Very nice pup and if you don't like it Duncan has an exchange policy. Also, I suggest calling their customer service number and taking it thru with them as they are real good about helping people decide.

imo

http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/humbucker/

i've also hear good things about the new SH-15 Alt 8

Can you explain the significance of the 'trembucker' or 'f-spaced' versions? I'm not sure of the difference (I know there is one, I just don't have much knowledge in this area)
this is why Eddie Van Halen had his pup at an angle.

Edit: ooops i forgot to mention the one in my strat (at that time) was a standard Duncan JB. See how the poles don't line up to the strings? The one in my hand is the Custom Custom TB-11 before I installed it. It looks bigger of course but it is outside of the strat but trust me this is what you would do.

Edit 2: removed pic
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jul 12, 2008,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
this is why Eddie Van Halen had his pup at an angle.

Right, makes sense. Thanks for that!
seymour duncan and dimarrzio are you top of the line pickups
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.