I've been tossing an idea around in my head for a while for a custom guitar. Basically what I want is a strat body with two HBs and a four knob/three-way toggle control setup, like a Gibson. I have no way to cut my own body, though. So, I was looking at Warmoth stuff, and I was wondering if I could just order a strat body routed for two humbuckers and with a rear-routed control cavity with no holes drilled, then just (carefully) drill the holes through the finish and wood myself.

Requirements are that I can fit an output jack, two volume and two tone and a three way toggle in the cavity, and have them back far enough that I won't whack my hand off any of the controls when I play, meaning everything has to fit pretty much behind the bridge.

Does anybody know if this is at all possible? Anyone have experience with Warmoth strat bodies of this type?
Last edited by whiteraven119 at Jun 10, 2008,
ive got s tele custom with that same setup, the 3 way, 4 knob, 2 HB. i think if you talk to warmoth they could drill the holes for you, just to save you the chance of f-ing it up. but I cant see why it wouldnt be doable. i know they have telecaster custom bodys that you could do that with if your not dead set on the stratocaster style... cause i hate the switch location on em.

i recommend doing some push/pull pots for coil splitting as well... its a fun little option i just wired into mine, makes a $300 guitar sound and have versitility of a much higher end.