I printed out the FAQ in this forum, printed out a few articles from it (main one would be Guide to Chord Building - 20 pages!), and bought "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Music Theory."

Four days after getting the book, I have the first two chapters completely down. Seeing as I'll have even more time than now to go through it, I'm worried I'll be done with it too soon and be stuck without anything else to learn. I'm going to be without any internet for about 2 1/2 months, hence why I'm printing and buying books.

I'd like to have the groundwork ready for some basic blues improvisation as well, so I can go to some friendly jam sessions in the fall.

Can anyone recommend me some other stuff to print/buy? Or anything else to focus on more in depth?
Focus on the Circle of 5ths and chord building (triads). These two things probably helped me the most in my understanding of theory and how to apply it to songs/improvisation.

For literature, try and get "The Practice of Harmony" Fifth Edition by Peter Spencer.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
Quote by jasonmetal love
Focus on the Circle of 5ths and chord building (triads). These two things probably helped me the most in my understanding of theory and how to apply it to songs/improvisation.

For literature, try and get "The Practice of Harmony" Fifth Edition by Peter Spencer.

That's an expensive book :P I'll try and find one at a reasonable price and get it.