Did anyone else get their Guitar Center Economic Incentive Program in the mail today?

I was rather excited at first because I felt special after buying all ($2,000) of my gear there over the last year or two and I thought they were going to take care of me some how. he he

Not to mention the fact that the outside was green backing, very official looking, statue of libery thingy, stamps, codes, signature, bar code, etc.

First, it is simply a 15% discount on a single item purchase. Can't complain I guess but come on. I guess $150 off a $1,000 amp is pretty good but i'm not in that boat.

Ha. Well the (*) then points you down to the small type and all the things it won't cover like: used, vintage, Bose, Ampeg, Crate, Monster, Mesa, some Roland and Boss. Oh, and i can't use it with any other offer like the several 15% off coupons I already have that I neglect to take in.

I wish I would have had this yesterday tho as I got my Digitech Bad Monkey finally.

Sorry for long thread. Just had to get it out of my system. There. I feel better now.

311zoso
I didn't even notice that they have them right there in the store, or I would have grabbed one.
Quote by imgooley
I didn't even notice that they have them right there in the store, or I would have grabbed one.

Yup there usually at the front counter thing with all the other flyers and stuff. Sometimes there lazy though and you have to search for the box yourself but its usually back there. Or you can just ask them for newest sales catalog and they will hand you one.
I got my new SKB Stagefive PS-55 pedal board with that.
::Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
::Fender MIM HSS Strat w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb and killbutton
::Digitech Whammy, ZVEX Fuzz Factory, EHX MicroSynth, Kaoss Pad 3,
Boss GE-7, Fulltone OCD, Digitech Digidelay, MXR EVH Phase 90, FoxxTone FuzzWahVolume
also too, when i opened this package what is the first thing that jumps out at me?

MG and Spider amps. Because I was there yesterday it reminded me of how i felt when i walked in. They usually have the Fender amps up front thank god but right along the wall with the guitars the first 'rack' had MGs and lots of them. The second rack had Spiders and lots of them. The third rack had Vox Valvetronix mostly and then a bunch of Ravens (not to familiar with). The Mesa's and B-52s and what few true Marshalls they had were in the back.

Zero Blackhearts. No Valvekings. 1-Classic 30. Lots of Crate SS.

I guess my point is (and I really didn't mean for this to turn into a GC rant thread as we have plenty of those)...is that it seems that over the past year they have really beefed up the MGs and Spiders to the point where they are taking up valuable 'rack' space for the stuff i wanna see. I basically already know the answer...

but what gives?
There's a reason they promote those amps so much. They're just so damn good, obviously.
::Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
::Fender MIM HSS Strat w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb and killbutton
::Digitech Whammy, ZVEX Fuzz Factory, EHX MicroSynth, Kaoss Pad 3,
Boss GE-7, Fulltone OCD, Digitech Digidelay, MXR EVH Phase 90, FoxxTone FuzzWahVolume
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
also too, when i opened this package what is the first thing that jumps out at me?

MG and Spider amps. Because I was there yesterday it reminded me of how i felt when i walked in. They usually have the Fender amps up front thank god but right along the wall with the guitars the first 'rack' had MGs and lots of them. The second rack had Spiders and lots of them. The third rack had Vox Valvetronix mostly and then a bunch of Ravens (not to familiar with). The Mesa's and B-52s and what few true Marshalls they had were in the back.

Zero Blackhearts. No Valvekings. 1-Classic 30. Lots of Crate SS.

I guess my point is (and I really didn't mean for this to turn into a GC rant thread as we have plenty of those)...is that it seems that over the past year they have really beefed up the MGs and Spiders to the point where they are taking up valuable 'rack' space for the stuff i wanna see. I basically already know the answer...

but what gives?

Short answer... Guitar center is the Wal-mart of the music industry.......
I love my GC. They have a bunch of vintage gear. A couple of boutique amps, too. The only marshall combos I saw were MG's though. Not a big fan of marshalls, though, so I didn't look to hard.

They had 3 AC30's and 4 AC15's, and the only crates they had were the V series and a Palomino.

If I had enough money, I would have bought an amp that I've been looking at, and that 15% discount would have been awesome.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
what amp was that and have you considered replacing your Starcaster?

and for the record - i love my GC too but yes they have become the Walmart/McDonalds of music gear.

lol

Nah, I'm not going to replace my Starcaster anytime soon. When I do get another solid body guitar, it will either be a Aerodyne strat or something within that range.

The amp was a Epiphone Blues Custom. I fell in love with that amp the first time I played it. Perfect for what I do.