Hey, can anyone give me some more info on the "Fender 72 reissue Telecaster Custom"?

is it any good? is it worthwhile?

i need a replacement for my Squier Strat which is abit worse for wear. so any othe guitar reccomendations are welcome

(i've been looking at the Ibanez Jet King series aswell)

Thanks
the mexican one or the japanese one?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by beckyjc
I hated it, pickups were weak, didnt have any tele twang, neck felt like a jizzcovered baseball bat. Deffinately not worth the price tag/

I you.
Quote by beckyjc
I hated it, pickups were weak, didnt have any tele twang, neck felt like a jizzcovered baseball bat. Deffinately not worth the price tag/

That has to be the best insult you could EVER say to a guitar. EPIC WIN.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Quote by beckyjc

ey, you must have tried a ****ty one. The one I tried was really good . Baseball bat? The neck IS thin.

Btw, baseball bat necks are awsome!
Empty tankard! Empty Tankard!
yea, but jizzy? if thats the finish you like on your guitar, who am i to say your wrong or its bad? its just, er, not my cup of tea. id have me some tung oil instead.
Guitars:
Mitchell MD-100SCE Acoustic/electric
Gibson SGJ 2014

TC MojoMojo (it'll arrive eventually) > TC Hall of Fame > Orange Micro Terror stack

my tube preamp project idea
I picked up an American Ash Tele yesterday at the shop, i fell in love. try it .
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
i've tried the mexican one, i thought it was quite nice, but way too dear (£600? o_O ). i haven't tried the japanese one, but that's the one i'd be looking into were i interested in that model...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i've tried the mexican one, i thought it was quite nice, but way too dear (£600? o_O ). i haven't tried the japanese one, but that's the one i'd be looking into were i interested in that model...

wow, you really get screwed on prices. Over here I can get one for the same amount, only in euros.
Even 600 Euro's seems pricy. I never get the point in buying new when you can get a second hand MiA Tele for that.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
oh but second hand it'd be around 350-400, which is reasonable to me.

But for TS: you shouldn't expect searing hot leads from this guitar. But other than that its got the signature tele twang and a very warm neck pickup. And I don't know about you, but it looks fantastic.
Quote by oakn
ey, you must have tried a ****ty one. The one I tried was really good . Baseball bat? The neck IS thin.

Btw, baseball bat necks are awsome!

You have low standards then sir. I liked the affinity squier better than that one. The neck was U shaped and giant, by rights im used to pretty thin necks, but that thing was giving me cramps.

It had alot of potential to be a superb guitar. Fender just effed it up.
Quote by Revhain
wow, you really get screwed on prices. Over here I can get one for the same amount, only in euros.

indeed.

Quote by Kurapica
Even 600 Euro's seems pricy. I never get the point in buying new when you can get a second hand MiA Tele 80S TOKAI COPY for that LESS.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
a fender '72 tele custom reissue?

I'm not particular with that exact year.

though a friend of mine has a vintage (i believe 60s) tele that his father had given him and it was an amazing piece of work.

I've been a fan of Teles but I can't really give you any insight on that particular one.
Last edited by Flamingrhythm at Jun 11, 2008,
Quote by Skar578
yea, but jizzy? if thats the finish you like on your guitar, who am i to say your wrong or its bad? its just, er, not my cup of tea. id have me some tung oil instead.

read what he said dont just skim though the paragraph. he didn't say anything about him liking the jizzy finish. in fact he despite it.

i tried that out at sam ash. the guitar look unique and has 2 humbucker which is not really common on fenders. when i plugged it in however the so call "telecaster 72" has no tone relativity to any telecaster i played and owned. the twang was definitely missing, and the strat neck just look awkward on a tele's body. however that is just my opinion. if you feel differently then by all mean get it.
Last edited by kckyle at Jun 11, 2008,
the dual humbucker version is called the 72 Deluxe, and yes, that one doesn't have the twang.

The 72 Custom has a single coil in a massive metal bridge, this one's got the twang. Also I believe it doesn't have a strat neck as opposed to the deluxe.

You were thinking of the wrong guitar, honest mistake though.
agreed.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?