Now, is it just me, or does the ending to that movie just piss you off?

I mean really, what the hell? It just is put in a box and hidden away, never to be seen again? What the hell 1936 American Government in a fiction film!
It made a brief appearance in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull...
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
i dunno but i loved the movie
OLD SCHOOL INDIE FTW!
Passion Before Fashion

---------------------------------------------------------
Ibanez S470DQXM
Amp Fund 0/300
----------------------------------------------------------
ha i took my son, watched it, came home, couldnt remember a bloody thing about it, GREAT film???
Quote by Dave Gilmour
It made a brief appearance in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull...

i didn't like the movie...i hate the alien ending...

what did you do?

ups i read I MADE A BRIEF APPEARANCE.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Last edited by magnum1117 at Jun 10, 2008,
Quote by toshiro umezewa
actually, the ark is seen again briefly in the new indiana Jones movie.

+1

In the warehouse scene, a box is broken open and it's in there.
Funny words.
Yeah, definitely not planning on going to see that movie. I dislike reserts of series, ever since the Star Wars prequels disappointed me beyond belief.
Raiders had a great ending, you have to listen to alot of the dialogue to understand the context though. Indy finds the ark, the ark kills Nazi's, and the US government takes the ark and hides it so Nazi's can't get it; in the meantime, making Indy extremely mad because he wanted the fourtune and glory.
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
Quote by Just_a_picker
Raiders had a great ending, you have to listen to alot of the dialogue to understand the context though. Indy finds the ark, the ark kills Nazi's, and the US government takes the ark and hides it so Nazi's can't get it; in the meantime, making Indy extremely mad because he wanted the fourtune and glory.

Isn't that Temple of Doom? I distinctly remember him saying "Fortune and glory kid, fortune and glory" to Short Round.

In Raiders, I'm pretty sure he wanted it for the Museum.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
It's the perfect ending. It's the ultimate failure, which is what Indy does in that movie, really.

That's right. Look at it: he gets the idol. Belloch takes it. He loses Marion, she gets killed (we think). He finds the Ark, Belloch takes it. He takes it from Belloch, gets it on the boat, the Nazis take it back. He threatens to blow it up, Belloch calls his bluff. When it finally gets opened, which is what he's after, he can't even look inside it. And when the Ark is finally in his possession, not going to be stolen by the bad guys, what happens?

The Government takes it from him. Just like everything else in the movie. It's perfect.
Can't stop the signal.
Quote by freedoms_stain
To be fair it was full of monsters that melt people.

Seriously. I wouldn't touch the ark if you dared me.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
The thirst three are one of the best trilogies around... however i disown the foruth one, what a pile of ****, if i wasnt to lazy id open up and email and tell harrison ford myself... indian jones is finished no more please dont kill the first three just go back to making cars.

But on topic no the ending isnt disapointing if you actually knew anything about the ark or watched the whole of the film
Quote by .HUZZAH.
Just hit all the strings at once, raping your e string and making retardly out of place pinch harmonics

oh wait, this isn't a slipknot concert..

FREEBIRD!

And the amish said let their be CHEESE...
Quote by GuitarManDan15
But on topic no the ending isnt disapointing if you actually knew anything about the ark or watched the whole of the film

...What? I watched the film so many times now, it just pisses me off. They had a deal that they would get the ark for the museum and for research after Indy got it. Plain andsimple, the gov't screwed them over. That makes me pissed.
I love the new Indiana Jones. It's great for two hours.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"