Ok, so I went and bought a tube for my talk box from Ace hardware. I have the whole thing hooked up like it says on the bottom of the box, and when the talk box is turned off it works fine and I get a clear signal, but when I turn it on no sound comes through. help Please?
ive never used a talk box, are all your cables pulgged in right? take advantage of musiciansfriend "chat with an expert" thing and ask them.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
What tube are u talking about? Also, talkboxes stop the signal going past the talkbox; the sound comes through an internal speaker into a vinyl tube and a mic and pa is used to amplify the sound as it leaves the vinyl tube and ur mouth. Is your output knob up? Are the cables plugged in correctly? Check the battery (though all the ones i've seen use an ac adaptor).
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Jun 10, 2008,
I'm talking about the tube that goes into your mouth. I opened the thing up, and there isn't a place for batteries to go, it doesn't take them.
Quote by oneuponu
I'm talking about the tube that goes into your mouth. I opened the thing up, and there isn't a place for batteries to go, it doesn't take them.

AC adaptor?
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by evening_crow
AC adaptor?

Yeah, I don't know ANYTHING about talkboxes, but I can't see them not taking some sort of power.
No, the only holes on the out side of the talk box are the tube hole, and the output and input