Poll: Do you play poker?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you play poker?
Hell yeah! I'm better than Doyle Brunson!
18 11%
Yeah, I do fine but I'm no Poker god.
99 61%
No, I don't play.
20 12%
What the hell is poker?
1 1%
Where am I?
18 11%
Only idiots gamble!
5 3%
Voters: 161.
Page 1 of 2
I like playing......but I legally cant gamble, so it sucks.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Texas holdem yup yup yup
Quote by roast
Cool, thanks Lagrance.

Randall Rx15
Ibanez Rg321Mh
Musima 25K Deluxe
Zoom 505 II
I am fookin' brilliant. No emotion at all.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Yes, I've been able to play for about 18 months now, and can deal properly as well in Texas Hold 'Em. They hold a tournament at our local pub, but I can't afford the weekly fee (£10)
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Yeah. Can play, but me and my mates normally play blackjack (not 21 blackjack, Americans) because its not as complicated and only requires a pack of cards.
i used to play 10 - 14 hours a day online when i couldn't find a local live game to get in on, yea slight addiction to gambling.
Does anyone here play partypoker (.net)?
I'm kwelduvel on there!
Gear:
ESP LTD EC-401FM STB
Ibanez AR307
Bugera Infinium 333XL
London City Bulldog
Line 6 Pod HD 300
Digitech Digiverb
Wishlist:
Pedalboard
only texas hold'em cause the rest suck
If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
I play sometimes with friends. I'm usually quite good but we never do more than a £5 buy in each, with 6 or 7 of us at most. I also play poker on facebook occasionally.

I doubt I'd ever do it for serious money anyway, I'm nowhere near good enough to do it at any kind of serious level.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
We should do a UG poker game.

No money involved, of course.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I've been playing against the computer for the past 2 weeks and I suuuuuuuck
Play all the time; only £5 or £10 pots between 6 - 10 of us.

We mainly play hold'em, but have dabbled in omaha, 7 card stud and 5 card draw.

Well up for a UG poker game as well
Say hi

Playing: Sleeping Dogs, FIFA 13, Guild Wars 2, Borderlands 2
Reading: The Hobbit

Watching: How I met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, 24

Listening: Muse - The 2nd Law
I like it a bit. It is a bit of a slippery slope though, I'd never want to get into gambling.

Online poker can be fun but it is such a time killer and often half the time is spent waiting or people making ridiculous decisions.
I don't get the fascination with poker. I play every now and then but I would never bet large amounts of money on a game. Unless you're amazing at reading people's reactions, there's a lot of luck involved. Knowing basic probability can only get you so far.
Quote by seljer
I've been playing against the computer for the past 2 weeks and I suuuuuuuck

Don't feel too bad, a lot of times it's actually easier to play against real people.

I would play poker more often if everyone wasn't obsessed with Texas Hold 'Em, I can see why they always use that for TV but it's one of the least fun version of poker I've ever played.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I normally play once a week with friends, its pretty fun, I'm no ace (pun INTENDED) though.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by Cal UK
I normally play once a week with friends, its pretty fun, I'm no ace (pun INTENDED) though.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=puns
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
should make a ug poker table on face book or watever
If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
Quote by Cal UK

That's what we call being an acehole...
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
I play Texas Hold 'Em sometimes with friends, but I never gamble with money or something

I suck
I play a lot of texas hold em with my relatives when they're in town... In fact, I won over 80 dollars throughout their Christmas visit.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
i CAN play i just don't do it much.

Never find the people to play it with, never have the time, etc.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
My poker face is laughing a lot. I'm annoying to play with.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I play the free tables on PKR sometimes.. never bet real money.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Me and my mates usually play Poker every other week. I plan to have another Poker night soon at my house:

1. Poker
2. Beer
3. Pizza

Best night you can have for under a tenner.
usually I do pretty good until I start winning , then I just get excited and blow it all up
In one of my phases of playing online alot atm. I do ok as i don't need my poker face. If i play live, i'm not that great.
It's gonna be a blue day
Really fun, but after a couple rounds I get ridiculously bored and usually lose my patience.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
I play, though i only started for money about nine months ago, and about a year before that on triplejack, as theres no age limit but no real money. i probably have the safest style of play possible. I rarely play hands that like 8,9 offsuit, and dont usualy play them onsuit either. Hell, i dont play A,? offsuit much either, and i never play low pairs.

Currently i play on PKR (the 3D one which always seems to be on ug's ads) under the name Polythene. Say hi if you see me

Its very slow, especialy as i play at the lowest blind levels, but it works in ring games. In nine months play, and i play about a night or two per week, i have made a massive eleven dollars! At least its a profit, amplified greatly by the pound colapsing much faster than the dollar in that time!

However, i have only won one tournament in my life, which was a multi table on triplejack when i kept going all in as my dad needed the computer, but i won each hand, so dad let me continue as my stack was much bigger than anyone elses! Sadly, its also the only multi table tournament ive rached the money in. Im constantly top 20%, but the tournys i enter all pay top 10%, or less in freerolls. I just about break even on single tables.

Ive never played properly at a real table either.

It would be nice if i could make more of a profit though. Does anyone have some decent strategies for both multi and single tournament play?
X

"Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart"
Page 1 of 2