so ive heard of a pedal that make your make your amp sound like it was fully cranked on the volume, when the toneknop on the amp was down... any suggestion??

PS: sorry for the bad english
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Parker Nitefly with SD Hotrails and JB Two Tone

Amp
Marshall dsl 401

Effect:
Boss DD-6
EHX Big Muff
From the TS's description...

Quote by Ghold125
it's not a pedal, but an Attenuator

Correct!

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
I'll hazard a guess.... overdrive?!

Wrong, I picked you because I thought you were being the most patronising, therefore the most fun to mock
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
ive been fooled... always thought that a overdrive was distortion
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Parker Nitefly with SD Hotrails and JB Two Tone

Amp
Marshall dsl 401

Effect:
Boss DD-6
EHX Big Muff
this is confusing, makes your amp sound cranked when the tone knob was down? you sure you mean when that when you turn down your treble, it adds cranked volume? and a lot of amps don't have a tone knob, they have have some sort of a 3 band eq or something...
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by bc-rich-lover
so ive heard of a pedal that make your make your amp sound like it was fully cranked on the volume, when the toneknop on the amp was down... any suggestion??

Quote by mcw00t
Wrong. (period, new sentence) I picked you because I thought you were being the most patronising, therefore the most fun to mock

Actually, judging by the TS's description, he was looking for some kind of non-existent attenuator pedal. So we were both wrong. Also, learn to use commas.
Quote by bc-rich-lover
ive been fooled... always thought that a overdrive was distortion

Overdrives mimic a overdriven tube amp and the tone you get from doing that. Or you can use one to physically over drive a tube amp by diming out the level..
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Actually, judging by the TS's description, he was looking for some kind of non-existent attenuator pedal. So we were both wrong. Also, learn to use commas.

I find it rather amusing you corrected my language, then proceeded to begin a sentence with 'also'.

I think it more likely that he was looking for an attenuator; as an overdrive isn't designed to give a cranked sound at low volumes. It's designed to push the preamp tubes harder, not the power amp tubes. The only way you can get power amp breakup is by cranking it. The side effect of this - it gets loud. The solution - an attenuator.

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by mcw00t
I find it rather amusing you corrected my language, then proceeded to begin a sentence with 'also'.

I think it more likely that he was looking for an attenuator; as an overdrive isn't designed to give a cranked sound at low volumes. It's designed to push the preamp tubes harder, not the power amp tubes. The only way you can get power amp breakup is by cranking it. The side effect of this - it gets loud. The solution - an attenuator.

Which is perfectly correct. Your teacher might prefer you don't begin sentences with 'also' since you haven't yet mastered commas, but if you happen to read a book one day, you may gain a new perspective.

Yes. In all likelihood he was looking for an attenuator, but he said pedal, so I just took a guess at overdrive, which for some reason you found patronizing.
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Which is perfectly correct. Your teacher might prefer you don't begin sentences with 'also' since you haven't yet mastered commas, but if you happen to read a book one day, you may gain a new perspective.

Yes. In all likelihood he was looking for an attenuator, but he said pedal, so I just took a guess at overdrive, which for some reason you found patronizing.

I misused a comma, so what? It's grammatically incorrect to begin a sentence with a conjunction, thus why I corrected you.

If you agree, why are we having this argument?

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by mcw00t
I misused a comma, so what? It's grammatically incorrect to begin a sentence with a conjunction, thus why I corrected you.

If you agree, why are we having this argument?

You mocked me.
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
You mocked me.

Then if you have a problem with me, take it out with me on my profile, not in an unrelated thread.

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Well, I don't care that much. I just think you should be nicer.

It's a little hard to be nice when you're on these forums and you see all the misconceptions that have been created, turns you quite bitter. I'm sorry about being a bit of a douche.

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by mcw00t
It's a little hard to be nice when you're on these forums and you see all the misconceptions that have been created, turns you quite bitter. I'm sorry about being a bit of a douche.

I'm sorry too I love you now!!