so i have a job interview this thursday for a company that bundles wire and makes pannels for subway cars down in NYC. ive never interviewed for a "blue collar" job like this before (previously i worked at a grocery store and dunkin donuts). so my question is how should i dress for the interview? would a polo and jeans work or should i wear dress pants and a dress shirt? its with the president of the company so i want to look nice but at the same time i dont want to over dress for the job.

also, im only looking to work for the summer because i have to back up to college in the fall. so i need some excuses to make them think i want a permanent position there.

what i have so far is i cant handle taking out so many loans for college so im trying to transfer into the college by my house. my plan would be to work at this job first shift, then schedule all my classes for later in the day. then when august rolls around, i would give them my two weeks and tell them that they didnt accept me into the college by my house (it is pretty exclusive) so i have to go back to my old college 2 hours away.

think it will fly? other suggestions?
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
I think you should dress nicely. Maybe not a suit, considering the job. I mean, it wouldn't hurt, but don't dress like a beggar or something, obviously. I think a polo could work, just don't pop your collar.

What about wearing something with a blue collar? He'd be convinced that you're already psyched for the job.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
I think a polo could work, just don't pop your collar.

damn. thats going to be hard considering-

Every since I could remember I been poppin mah collar
I been poppin mah collar, I been poppin mah collar
Every since I could remember
I been working this hoes and they betta put mah
money in my hand

Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
lol no i was kidding. i think that popping your collar makes you look like a tool. it was just an excuse to throw in those lyrics
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
It depends are you just going for like a normal worker job or like a managment position because you dress differently but you generally dont want to wear a suit if your just gonna be a regular worker, a polo shirt and maybe some nice pants would do the job. Just make sure you look professional whatever you do because their first impression of you can affect the rest of the interview.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
The clothes do help, but remember, it's all in the way you handle yourself (not fapping sort of handle) and the way you talk and act.

MAKE EYE CONTACT. I think.

Yeah you always want to make eye contact when your talking to them cause it shows confidence or something
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Give him a donut.

hahaha... nah, i think some dress pants or dickies and a polo shirt would be good enough. Make eye contact and talk with confidence. Smile my friend.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by metaldud536
You want to really secure the job? Tell the employer how many Gym badges you have.

you never cease to deliver metaldud
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns