I have a cheapo squier tele that I love but want to mod to be more versatile. Does anyone have a recomendation for a good humbucker for the neck position? I want to keep the bridge as a single coil and run a coil splitter for the neck position. Any suggestions are welcome!
~Nick
FOR SALE:

Alvarez FD-60 acoustic electric- $295 obo (perfect condition, amber finish)
Lindy Fralin Blues Special Strat pickups (as set, perfect condition) - $175 obo

PM me if you are interested!
Anyone have any helpful information?
FOR SALE:

What kind of Squier is it? Generally anything other than an Affinity will be pretty sketchy regarding whether they're worth modding. Anyways also are you planning on routing or are you looking for a tele-neck sized humbucker?
I play anything from blues and classic rock (think Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, Beatles, Doobie Brothers, CCR) to alternative rock (think RHCP, The Strokes, 311, Sublime, The White Stripes, RATM, etc) and am getting into the idea of playing funk and country inspired rock (think RHCP, Ryan Adams, etc).

Budget is whatever I need to spend although under 100$ would be nice. I don't want to route it if it can be avoided. It looks at first glance like that dimarzio strat pickup would work is a great price. I want to run it through a coil splitter so that I can go single coil if I want to.

As far as pups go, is it ok to use a tele bridge pickup in the neck? I really like the SD hotrails but I don't see it available for the neck on their website. I want to replace the bridge with an alnico II pro from SD.
~Nick
FOR SALE:

as you will be able to see, thety have different sizes. the neck is considerably smaller than the bridge, so you can't fit a hot rail unless you route the body, which is cut a larger hole to accomodate the hot rail.

one is to search out a humbucker that you can fit into the neck. but the best is to just route the body to HH. incase you want to play around with the pickups later on too.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
Quote by Wakisazhi
What kind of Squier is it? Generally anything other than an Affinity will be pretty sketchy regarding whether they're worth modding. Anyways also are you planning on routing or are you looking for a tele-neck sized humbucker?

That was my point.