alright, i'm going to get right to it, anyone here own a VJ strat or a Gibson robot guitar? if so, tell us how you like it so far and if you're happy with your purchase. If you've tried one, go ahead and tell us what you think. if you just have an opinion, go ahead and share it.

i've never tried one but the idea seems real neat. the vj seems a bit more practical and useful, but i'm not sure how it sounds.

and plus, vj is almost bj, and bj's are great.

electric guitar forum...happy you bk's?

EDIT: WOW i am retarded...so its vg strat, which is a lot a lot closer to like...anything but bj. so ya. i guess it's not as cool anymore
Last edited by tona_107 at Jun 10, 2008,
Quote by tona_107
alright, i'm going to get right to it, anyone here own a VJ strat or a Gibson robot guitar? if so, tell us how you like it so far and if you're happy with your purchase. If you've tried one, go ahead and tell us what you think. if you just have an opinion, go ahead and share it.

i've never tried one but the idea seems real neat. the vj seems a bit more practical and useful, but i'm not sure how it sounds.

VJ is just as close to VD as it is to BJ, VD being venereal disease

plus gibson is just freakin gibson.....

so gibson gets my vote

plus I did a 5 second google search on the VJ strat and came up with nothing WTF im guessing its an auto tuning strat right?
Quote by T!AN
Unless your a gigging/studio musician the Gibson Robot is pointless.

/2 cents

This.

And no, the it's a VG guitar.
It means "Virtual Guitar" (I think).

It has a bunch of alternate tunings, Start tone, Tele tone, 12 string, humbucker, and acoustic sounds built right in, selectable with a special tone knob.

Google VG Stratocaster, check it out. It's WAY more useful than the Robot Guitar
well you could have mentioned it was the VG not VJ

this kinda throws off your whole BJ arguement
Quote by tona_107

EDIT: WOW i am retarded...so its vg strat, which is a lot a lot closer to like...anything but bj. so ya. i guess it's not as cool anymore

Just to be a grammar nazi- what you said means "Blowjob is are great". I'm sure you meant is "bjs', which, according to my (admittedly, 60 year old) English teacher, is the proper grammatical form"...
wow, I did learn something in school

For an on topic statement- I've yet to play either of those guitars, but I'm trying to find a VG ( ) to try out
Quote by Vinyl_Master
Just to be a grammar nazi- what you said means "Blowjob is are great". I'm sure you meant is "bjs', which, according to my (admittedly, 60 year old) English teacher, is the proper grammatical form"...

For an on topic statement- I've yet to play either of those guitars, but I'm trying to find a VG ( ) to try out

I'm glad you learned a lot about blowjobs from your 60 year-old English teacher.

Couildn't resist, sorry. From one grammar freak to another.
Quote by Vinyl_Master

lol oh well i just write it like that because it is an abbreviation, and bjs could mean anything. so to avoid confusion do you know what i mean, because it IS an abbreviation adding that s would make it a short form for 3 words, because blowjob isn't one word...its blow job. i think bj's is much more accurate, considering this.
Last edited by tona_107 at Jun 10, 2008,
Quote by tona_107
lol oh well i just write it like that because it is an abbreviation, and bjs could mean anything. so to avoid confusion do you know what i mean, because it IS an abbreviation adding that s would make it a short form for 3 words, because blowjob isn't one word...its blow job. i think bj's is much more accurate, considering this.

I've always believed blowjob to be a compound word--if it is indeed technically a word.
Quote by TheProducer
I've always believed blowjob to be a compound word--if it is indeed technically a word.

well that's definitely the way i imagine it, but it's not in spell check sooooo haha.
Quote by tona_107

I was just being an asshole

Quote by Vinyl_Master
I was just being an asshole

you do a good job of it you bastard
They are toys for rich kids who don't really care for the instrument,plus the Gibson Robot has tuning issues with the B string.
Out of the two, the VG is by far and away the better gutair in my opinion. You get alot of versatility with you on stage, having all that digital tomfoolery along with a Standard MiA Strat (which you can't go wrong with, really).

The Gibson is rediculously overpriced, as if the VG wasn't.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by TheProducer
I'm glad you learned a lot about blowjobs from your 60 year-old English teacher.

Couildn't resist, sorry. From one grammar freak to another.

Touche (I realize there should be an accent on that, don't freak out on me )
Quote by Vinyl_Master
Touche (I realize there should be an accent on that, don't freak out on me )

Si t'as besoin je peux ESSAYER de corriger ton français, mais le mien n'est pas trop bon.
Quote by tona_107

What's a BK? I personally hate the concept of the robot guitar and think its nerdier than Star Trek conventions. It takes me 30 seconds (tops) to tune my guitar. The price on them is silly too.
Quote by TheProducer
Si t'as besoin je peux ESSAYER de corriger ton français, mais le mien n'est pas trop bon.

J'adore seins
I own a Gibson Robot... it's been very amusing seeing the "opinions" people have on this revolutionary guitar...

Why do we all own guitars? It's to make music... so anything that gets you making music quicker is a good thing. Sure tuning is not hard, but having the guitar able to do it means one less thing before the music starts.

Some people think tuning is a valuable skill... it's not really. Tuning is just a task that must be done before the music can start. If tuning was some great skill then the best piano players would be the ones who are also piano tuners.

If tuning was some great skill then all the great guitar players would insist on tuning their own guitars before going on stage and not leave it to the guitar techs to do.

Although too expensive for beginners at the moment, when this technology finds its way to budget models it will be of great help to beginners. Tuning can be hard for beginners and their ears are not yet trained to hear tuning problems... so this will help them get started and stay in tune.

For those of us who like to play in a few different tunings this just makes it easier to do so... you don't have to change tunings manually or change guitars... I only really get an hour or so at night to play guitar so the robot means I get to spend more of that time playing.

Changing strings is a pain and I hate the sound of dull strings so I change them a lot... as the owner of 9 guitars anything that makes changing strings easier is appreciated.

I bought the Gibson over the Fender purely because I already own 2 Strats and I've wanted a Les Paul for a while now. The Robot was only a few hundred more than a regular Les Paul so after checking that the sound was not changed by having the auto tuners I decided to buy it.