Well I'm going into my Senior year in high school, and I'm already feeling the pressure from society to be looking into colleges. Recently (as in the past year or so) I have been looking into a major in music production/engineering. The major choice isn't that much of an issue for me; it's the selection. I live in TN which (as most know) not the brightest of the states. However, with my high grades and ACT score there's a scholarship that I automatically get if I go in-state. (about $5,000). I have no doubt I will be accepted to my first choice, Middle TN State University (MTSU), but I want to know if ANYONE knows of any other colleges in-state that offer music production. My searches have been futile on the net. At least could anyone offer any universities that offer good music production programs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

PS- I'm not bashing MTSU in any way it's just that I have stupid friends that are easily making into MTSU. It's seeming like a "low standard" of a choice.
Quote by LesPaulShuriken
Well I'm going into my Senior year in high school, and I'm already feeling the pressure from society to be looking into colleges. Recently (as in the past year or so) I have been looking into a major in music production/engineering. The major choice isn't that much of an issue for me; it's the selection. I live in TN which (as most know) not the brightest of the states. However, with my high grades and ACT score there's a scholarship that I automatically get if I go in-state. (about $5,000). I have no doubt I will be accepted to my first choice, Middle TN State University (MTSU), but I want to know if ANYONE knows of any other colleges in-state that offer music production. My searches have been futile on the net. At least could anyone offer any universities that offer good music production programs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

PS- I'm not bashing MTSU in any way it's just that I have stupid friends that are easily making into MTSU. It's seeming like a "low standard" of a choice.

MTSU has a GREAT music production school from what I've heard. Not to mention, with music, it's more abut the social netwrok you build, rather than where you get your degree from.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
From what I hear it's a really good school for what you want to study, so I don't think you should worry about it being a "low standard of a choice."

EDIT:Yeah, what funkbass said.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.