Hey, I was looking to construct an electric guitar. I live in california, so naturally, redwood is a pretty cheap wood around here. would it be good fo building a guitar out of? please state your opinion.
As far as I know redwood is pretty dense (denser than mahogany, I think) so you'd get a very warm ballsy tone. If that's what you're looking for then by all means go ahead, but keep in mind it'll be heavy as hell.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
As far as I know redwood is pretty dense (denser than mahogany, I think) so you'd get a very warm ballsy tone. If that's what you're looking for then by all means go ahead, but keep in mind it'll be heavy as hell.

+1 Probably absolutely backbreaking.
Quote by hawk5211
+1 Probably absolutely backbreaking.

The densest wood is actually lignum vitae (also known as ironwood) - where I live, criminals feared a policeman's club (made out of lignum vitae) more than a gun.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Idk,you could just get a Les Paul and fill the cavities with mercury and lead,if you want back problesm THAT much.Also play it Johnny Ramone style,so that the guitar actually is under your knees.
i think some custom makers might use redwood... not sure, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ah, now i remember, figured redwood tops, not the whole body. i think nik huber does them, and someone over at the BKP forum got a custom build with a redwood top.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
that's very nice indeed.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?