Page 1 of 2
umm well i have been reading The Book of Satan(the satanic bible) as of lately just to expand on my thinking and i have to admit Anton LeVay(the writer of the book) is a really brilliant man. he just toys with orginazied religion everything he explains has a legit reason. so i was jsut wondering if anyone else on UG has read The Book of Satan and if so what did you think about it????
Last edited by fudger at Jun 10, 2008,
ne1 no wear i kan find a visar dis heet is kilen me
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
No but I wouldn't mind reading it. I'm not religious, but it would be interesting.
Vistit my site and impress all your mates with your new found knowledge!

The GuitarZone!
Quote by darkstar2466

anyone know where i can find a visar.. this heat is killing me

i thinks
Quote by MastaBassist10
^Spoons are awesome. Not as cool as forks, but pretty cool.

haven't read it...sounds interesting however, seeing as i'm semi-religious and have skimmed through the bible...
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
Quote by darkstar2466

i have the pdf file saved on my computer i could email it 2 you if thats what you mean????
can you e-mail me it to? sounds interesting..
Sharing is caring
Fuck the RIAA

- Gear -
ESP LTD MH-400
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AD30VT
Zoom G2.1u
I've read part of it and I found their rituals...interesting...
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Quote by Shib

Yeah I never thought of that, you can probably get it on eBook from a P2P network somewhere.
Vistit my site and impress all your mates with your new found knowledge!

The GuitarZone!
lawlzorx! i am so gunna chek dis bad boi out in mah local library hellz yeah stiek it 2 da man n religion and bake some cookies dayum man i dunt even car about sum english up in dis post
no guis i wan a visar leik teh 1 u put on ur hed 2 protek ur'e'self frum teh sun rais

Quote by HunterRiggs10
lawlzorx! i am so gunna chek dis bad boi out in mah local library hellz yeah stiek it 2 da man n religion and bake some cookies dayum man i dunt even car about sum english up in dis post

Don't even try.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Have I read The Book of Satan, you ask?
Why I read a chapter every night so I can put little Beelsebub to sleep.

Poor thing still thinks there are Angels in his closet every night.
Quote by darkstar2466
no guis i wan a visar leik teh 1 u put on ur hed 2 protek ur'e'self frum teh sun rais

Don't even try.

How dare you.
Quote by Shib

sure just PM me ur emial n ill get around to it

and to a question up there no its reatively short like a 100 pgs
From what I've heard about satanism it's just about being mean spirited and doing to others as they do to you.
two and a half men.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
How dare you.

dun chalenj a wizerd k

Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
No. I have been on Lavey's website for fun and what I read there froze my nuts.

4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by fudger
i have the pdf file saved on my computer i could email it 2 you if thats what you mean????

!!!

Quote by darkstar2466

Don't even try.

Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by darkstar2466
dun chalenj a wizerd k

lawlzor i well geet mah mad spellz n powers n such witha +fieve mace of discroctuion

<3 aontony leevhaysz 4 lifez
Quote by fudger

Email me Too man!
Quote by HunterRiggs10
lawlzor i well geet mah mad spellz n powers n such witha +fieve mace of discroctuion

<3 aontony leevhaysz 4 lifez

j00 r a bd xzampl of sum1 tring 2 hrd k nub
Quote by Cameronrobson
From what I've heard about satanism it's just about being mean spirited and doing to others as they do to you.

Not really, it's more about self-sufficiency and honour, and standing up for yourself. Lavey uses the phrase 'Do unto others as they have done unto you' which is much in keeping with 'an eye for an eye...'. He also says 'if a man strikes you upon your cheek, smash him upon his'. Much of this is simply a Neitzschen mockery of judeo-christian teachings. But he also claims that people should do what is right for them, not allowing society to drag them down a path that doesn't suit them, and that it can be beneficial to help others, even if the motivation is "selfish".
Quote by CLVPX
j00 r a bd xzampl of sum1 tring 2 hrd k nub

tru dat mayun i iz gunna be takin ur adivcez
I have a copy of it. It's interesting and I agree with a lot of the points LaVey makes, but I still don't subscribe to every point in it. I'd recommend picking it up if you're at all interested.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
Quote by Evian
After reading the table of contents, it seems like a joke.

Calling a religion a joke is like calling a flute an instrument.
two and a half men.
Quote by Evian
After reading the table of contents, it seems like a joke.

In many ways, that's exactly what it is. Lavey is a very clever man with a very dark sense of humour. The Satanic Bible is very much a mockery of the christian church and the image commonly painted onto satanists and occultists by the xtian church.
Quote by Mad_BOB
Not really, it's more about self-sufficiency and honour, and standing up for yourself. Lavey uses the phrase 'Do unto others as they have done unto you' which is much in keeping with 'an eye for an eye...'. He also says 'if a man strikes you upon your cheek, smash him upon his'. Much of this is simply a Neitzschen mockery of judeo-christian teachings. But he also claims that people should do what is right for them, not allowing society to drag them down a path that doesn't suit them, and that it can be beneficial to help others, even if the motivation is "selfish".

Christians do not believe in that =/ Jesus taught to turn the other cheek, which means Christians do not go by that.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
LaVey plagarised a lot and had little if any original ideas. It's a nice curiosity though.
Quote by Pinky19
Christians do not believe in that =/ Jesus taught to turn the other cheek, which means Christians do not go by that.

Yes, which is why i didn't say christian teachings, i said judeo-christian teachings, it's an umbrella term covering both religions.
Quote by Cameronrobson
Calling a religion a joke is like calling a flute an instrument.

I see what you did there.
Quote by Mad_BOB

and
SATANISM represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on
ingrates!
You cannot love everyone; it is ridiculous to think you can. If you love everyone and
everything you lose your natural powers of selection and wind up being a pretty poor
judge of character and quality. If anything is used too freely it loses its true meaning.
Therefore, the Satanist believes you should love strongly and completely those who
deserve your love, but never turn the other cheek to your enemy!

so to answers that other kids question which i was 2 lazy to qoute is not all about hating everyone its to giving kindness and lvoe to people who desirve it not to waste it on people who don't
Quote by fudger

You cannot love everyone; it is ridiculous to think you can.

plus you will probably get arrested
two and a half men.
Page 1 of 2