Page 1 of 2
powerchord academy = Green Day mini-bands?
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Lol powerchord academy...even the name gives it away...
"Even though I've found God, I still love blow jobs, and I still say fuck." - Dave Mustaine

You know, when you, like, you grab a woman's breast and it's... and you feel it and... it feels like a bag of sand when you're touching it.
That school is awesome. Never has there been a school where the lesson plan is in the title.
ok nvm that that is gay. really all it is is powerchords **** thats stupied
Quote by goldmember1217
Just hope you don't end up in a band like this.

agh! beat me to it!

but the kids there suck judging from that vid
Someone give him the links to all the powerchord academy videos.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
they asked me to be a lead guitarist for a "harcore" band... i said no...

the guy won't leave me alone
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by boreamor
I already know how to play every Green Day song ever written so I don't really need to go.

WOW!? YOU KNOW THREE DIFFERENT POWERCHORDS??!
ohai little sig.
Quote by goldmember1217

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
I would love to be able to master such a complex technique as the power chord.
two and a half men.
if it didnt cost any money i would go just to show up all the n00bs and make them feel like crap.

dont bash me. i know its mean and not called for but i would do it anyways.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by metaldud536
COUNT 'EM! NOT ONE BUT 3!!

You have no idea the amount of skill it takes to string 3 notes together in a simple shape. I have yet to master B5 because of the skill it takes just to learn one.

/sarcasm.

And those videos are horrible. I feel violated, and not in the good way.
"Our mentors provide the guidance, development, and refinement essentially necessary to attain industry-wide recognition and attention. During the session, our musicians are given the once in a lifetime opportunity to be a professional musician in which they will gain hands-on technical experience in critical areas such as digital-audio recording, song-writing, and on-stage performance as well as develop an unbridled understanding of the determination and dedication it takes to succeed in the music industry today.

Our educational program will not only improve fundamental skills and teach breakthrough concepts, but will take musicians step-by-step and show them how to go from the garage to an internationally renowned professional touring band. Whether it's pop or punk, metal or blues, Power Chord Academy provides not only the essential technical training and fundamental knowledge inherently necessary for success, but the greatest, most inspirational experience of an aspiring musician's lifetime."
party party party party

(greenhouse defect anyone? remember that crap?)
███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████
I'm going. I really hope they put me in a band with another guitarist and people that are actually my age. I really do not want to be the mature one.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
from what I understand this is less about improving on your instrument than it is learning how to work in a band an in the music industry and all that.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by RustyGold
Power. Chord. Academy.
I only wish the name wasn't such a giveaway...

haha i never thought of that before...
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Nah, you can tell by the banner ad with that kid holding the SG. It's supposed to look like he's "rawking out" but instead it looks like he's having a seziure while constipated.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
The idea of letting kids feel great power by playing their instrument on a camera is cool, but the way they do it is awful. They have terrible bands.
I'd go. I have nothing to lose but on the flipside I'm not trying to promote my music.
Quote by Atomic48

Lol @ the two kids in the middle. Their guitars are bigger than 'em

How much does it cost to get in there? 2 grands?

I'd get new gear instead.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Last edited by JeanMi36 at Jun 10, 2008,
Quote by goldmember1217

That's too damn funny! A bunch of kids that want to be rock stars really bad with next to zero musical abilities. Those kids were somewhere near the bottom of the totem pole. I'd have to imagine they get some decent musicians in there and when they do they probably get recognized.
If I ever went to Power Chord Academy, I would write songs about highly controversial topics because all bands they have now have songs about unicorns and "RAWKIN OUT!1!!1" I'd probably get kicked out though.
ill save you some money and time...

give me $100 and ill teach you whatever they would have taught you and do it in one week.

if you "got in" it means you entered....

so i think you want to go..

so go ahead, the experience in itself should be interesting and eye opening....

go man.
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by metaldud536
"Our mentors provide the guidance, development, and refinement essentially necessary to attain industry-wide recognition and attention. During the session, our musicians are given the once in a lifetime opportunity to be a professional musician in which they will gain hands-on technical experience in critical areas such as digital-audio recording, song-writing, and on-stage performance as well as develop an unbridled understanding of the determination and dedication it takes to succeed in the music industry today.

Our educational program will not only improve fundamental skills and teach breakthrough concepts, but will take musicians step-by-step and show them how to go from the garage to an internationally renowned professional touring band. Whether it's pop or punk, metal or blues, Power Chord Academy provides not only the essential technical training and fundamental knowledge inherently necessary for success, but the greatest, most inspirational experience of an aspiring musician's lifetime."

because everybody who goes there sucks too much to ever be in a good band anyway
Quote by goldmember1217

PARTY!!! PARTY!!! PARTAAAAAAAY!
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
Might as well...

Buts you mights slowly starts to un-plays the guitars....
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Page 1 of 2