Hey, my amp is using way too much power when it goes to the lead channel and if theres another thing plugged into the wall the volume and sound of the amp are drastically lowered and it sounds really bad.

Is there something I can buy that will ensure the Legacy sounds like it should in a situation like this? It completely screwed up our band's first gig when I clicked on the lead channel during the chorus and it wasn't loud in the least. My band thinks the amp sucks but I know it doesn't because I know how good it sounds plugged in without anything draining from it at home...

Also, I use a G Major Tc Electronic Processor in the effects loop and use the input and outputs to attenuate the noise a little. Any other solutions and maybe this is part of the problem? Thanks
"Don't panic, everything is falling neatly out of order"
- Douglas Adams
i want a legacy dude the greatest guitarist i know uses one and it rocks i think u should change ur tubes and see if it resolves the prob tho legacy tubes can be used for a lifetime
Quote by sethp

Sooo will that bring the Legacy to full power in the situations I described or will this just keep it constant?
- Douglas Adams
Quote by forsaknazrael
Before you go and buy one those things, how old are you tubes? It's possible they need to be changed.

I'd say around a year or so old for my power tubes (have another set yet to be biased) and my preamp tubes are about 6 months old.
- Douglas Adams
Hm. Doesn't sound like they'd be the problem.

And you crank it at home, and don't experience this problem?

Perhaps a power conditioner is in order.
Go to musiciansfriend.com, and check out the Furman stuff there.

Maybe delete this thread, and start a new one with the phrase 'power conditioner' in the title. There are some rack mount users, and people who use power conditioners on here, so they should be able to help you more the subject.
G'luck!