well first i wanted a gibson sg, than a PRS[didnt know which one], now i think i fell in love with the

michael kelly hourglass limited/ Q

has anyone ever tried them?

and what are the differences between the limited and Q

and how are michael kellys quality controll standards?

thanks

i didnt want to overflow the forums with more threads so i just edited my previous one

THANKS
Last edited by josephcoolness at Jun 11, 2008,
your not finding a PRS for anywheres near $700. Maybe the CE but your way better off with the SG
98' 1960 Les Paul Classic
00' 57' Reissue Goldtop Les Paul
92' R0' Historic Les Paul

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Trem-o-verb 2x12 combo
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Extention cabinet
Boss GT-8
Korg DTR-1 Rackmount tuner
Sennheiser WZ-300 wireless
I am playing a PRS for under 600 that I would put up against any sg
Fender Highway 1 Fat Strat
Fender MIM Standard Strat(EMG SL-20 loaded pickguard)
Gibson Les Paul Special
PRS SE singlecut
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Vox Valvetronix AD50-VT
Fender Blues Jr
Roland Cube 30X
Last edited by anonamooseguy at Jun 10, 2008,
Quote by anonamooseguy
I am playing a PRS for under 600 that I would put up against any sg

yeah like im hearing two sided opinions. maybe gibson users are just biased towards gibson guitars.

all of the guitars i ahd listeed were under 700, and nice at that. but thanks anyways
Not at all... PRSs are amazing instruments. Im just not a fan of their lower models. Its the same as the lower model Gibsons... Studios for example. They are hit or miss. For every nice playing guitar... you get 7 bad ones.

I was only stgating that if you were considering getting a PRS custom 22 or some sort... against an SG. I would definately say go for the PRS. And I am an avid gibson collector
98' 1960 Les Paul Classic
00' 57' Reissue Goldtop Les Paul
92' R0' Historic Les Paul

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Trem-o-verb 2x12 combo
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Extention cabinet
Boss GT-8
Korg DTR-1 Rackmount tuner
Sennheiser WZ-300 wireless
Quote by LesPaulFreeek
Not at all... PRSs are amazing instruments. Im just not a fan of their lower models. Its the same as the lower model Gibsons... Studios for example. They are hit or miss. For every nice playing guitar... you get 7 bad ones.

I was only stgating that if you were considering getting a PRS custom 22 or some sort... against an SG. I would definately say go for the PRS. And I am an avid gibson collector

thanks

:]]]
You can see from my sig that I Have a faded les paul. and it is the bottom on my list on my personal axes. all of mine are under 700 btw. the schecters are better than the fenders and the prs is better than the gibby. although the moded MIM fender is now a demon with the addons. it plays like a 1000-1500 guitar now.besides the pickguard i have added a roller nut and a wilkinson tremolo and i put locking tuners on it a long time ago.

I do agree that with prs or gibson you have to be selective with what you get as the quality changes from one to another of the same make.
Fender Highway 1 Fat Strat
Fender MIM Standard Strat(EMG SL-20 loaded pickguard)
Gibson Les Paul Special
PRS SE singlecut
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Vox Valvetronix AD50-VT
Fender Blues Jr
Roland Cube 30X
Last edited by anonamooseguy at Jun 10, 2008,
Quote by josephcoolness
so ive been looking around for some possibilities of my second guitar.

i was looking towards something nice around $700 and i was set on a gibson sg faded

but i hear around that gibson isnt to great on quality and whatnot, and that its just their history and the fact that its a gibson that make people want it. so i wanted something nice, and stumbled across the PRS line [humbuckers preferably, rock/ hardrock, etc.]

and i liked the

singlecut

custom

custom semi-hollow

what do you guys think?

thanks

oh throw out some other guitars that suit my taste.

thhhaaaaaaaaanks :]]

Gibson has great quality, I think what you mean is quality control, especially for the Special, and Studio models. Although I would try all of what you are looking at, and then decide which you like most, but try more than one Special faded SG, because they have very poor quality control.
Last edited by G-man05 at Jun 10, 2008,
i thought this said pms when i first read the title
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
I'd get the semi but that's just because I've been gassing for one lately. I have an SG Faded btw. I like the access to the frets and the general ease of use (weight, neck, board radius, etc.) but I don't think its very versatile. I'm playing on the bridge 90% of the time.

I'm really not quite sure what it is. Whenever I'm playing rhythm I usually go for a clean mellow tone and with this guitar (on the neck pup) it just doesn't deliver like a Strator a Les Paul. For some distorted/twangy lead riffage its the dog biscuits!
Quote by Free Time
I'd get the semi but that's just because I've been gassing for one lately. I have an SG Faded btw. I like the access to the frets and the general ease of use (weight, neck, board radius, etc.) but I don't think its very versatile. I'm playing on the bridge 90% of the time.

I'm really not quite sure what it is. Whenever I'm playing rhythm I usually go for a clean mellow tone and with this guitar (on the neck pup) it just doesn't deliver like a Strator a Les Paul. For some distorted/twangy lead riffage its the dog biscuits!

has anyone had any experience with the semi hollow?
Quote by forsaknazrael
Maybe check out something besides PRS or Gibson.

There are other guitar companies, you know.

Michael Kelly is makin' some really great guitars right now.
Hagstrom is another lesser known brand putting out quality stuff.

thanks for the suggestiion, i think im goning with a michael kelly houglass

any reviews?
I've never played the Hourglass series, but I will tell you that I have always been astonished by the quality of every Michael Kelly that I've played.

I own a B-stock Michael Kelly Hybrid, and have yet to find the finishing flaw.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.