what is the difference between a dual rectifier and a trpile rectifier? is it just another channal, more gain, what?
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
triple rect has 150 watts and dual rect has 100 watts
Homemade Strat
ESP EC1000
ESP MH 400 w/ Original Floyd Rose
Epi Les Paul Custom
Line6 Flextone
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
Furman Power Cond.
DOD rack EQ
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Boss FL2 Flanger
Line6 Tremelo
Line6 Echo Park
The triple has more gain, power, features, costs more, etc.

However, if you're looking into one of these amps, and you're actually posting on this board, and not headling a tour or something, a single rectifier would work just fine..and cost way less.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
does anybody actually know a site i can look at to see prices for mesa/boogie amps. or can you only get them custom made?
Yea Mesa Boogie is a custom shop, you can call them for a free catalog (i believe its like 90 pages and all fancy and color) Although they do sell their stuff through independent dealers, Guitar Center by my house has a wide range of them. As for online pricing this might help you get in the right ballpark: http://www.google.com/products?q=mesa%20boogie&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&um=1&sa=N&tab=wf
"Its not how many years you are playing its how many hours"
See sig for prices.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Hamer098
Yea Mesa Boogie is a custom shop, you can call them for a free catalog (i believe its like 90 pages and all fancy and color) Although they do sell their stuff through independent dealers, Guitar Center by my house has a wide range of them. As for online pricing this might help you get in the right ballpark: http://www.google.com/products?q=mesa%20boogie&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&um=1&sa=N&tab=wf

thank you for that. it was a big help. but they are a ****load of money!
In my opinion, as well as almost everyone I've every talked with about the two, the Dual Rectifier is recommended more. 150 watts is more than anyone is ever going to need. Also, they don't achieve more gain, unless by that they meant turning it up louder. My channel volume is always around 10:30 - 11 o'clock, and my master volume has NEVER had to be higher than 10 o'clock. Especially when being mic'd. I've also heard people saying the tone of the Dual is warmer than the Triple, but I have no experience to back that up. My producer, Chuck E. Meyers' has told me between the Single, Dual, Triple and Roadking (which he owns), the Dual is the best of the family. Thats just my 2 cents.
Forget the Dual rec. and the triple, and go with a Mark IV or wait for a Mark V. The Mark Series to me is the best one, although the dual recto is a fantastic amp. I almost got a dual recto instead of my Mark IV, but the Mark's are more for me. All I got to do is get a ISP Decimator (noise reduction pedal) and I'll be set. I suggest you get one of those too if your going to be playing gigs or playing loud.
Fender American Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Standard
79 Gibson Les Paul Custom
Suhr Pro Series S5
Ovation Custom Balladeer
Mesa Boogie Mark IV with 4x12 Recto Cab
Looking for Ibanez RGA model or Petrucci PM me for details
if you want the best get a Dual Rec or a Mark IV and stack it with an Orange Rockverb 50
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
Really the only difference is Power, and Channels. The Single Recto is 50 watts and only 2 channel, also unlike the other is no rectifier tubes so its tone is a little differnt, but still sounds like the others. The daul Recto, is 100 watt and 3 channels, the tripple is 150 and 4 channels. Other than that, they are the same amp.
Stop bumping 16-day-old threads.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com