Page 1 of 6
Okay so I decided to make a thread for drummers on UG like me. Here you can talk about any thing drum related so yeah. I'll start, Im getting a double bass pedal this week yay!
This has been tried and failed many times.

Good luck to you though.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
w00t. What sticks do you think are the best for metal? I'm looking into a new pair. Drummers group anyone?
Quote by Aussieloco
w00t. What sticks do you think are the best for metal? I'm looking into a new pair. Drummers group anyone?

You mean like brand? size?type of wood?
you should get the single pedal double bass pedal i saw the other day, im not a drtummer but i thought it was cool, probally why i thought it was cool though. i cant really knock drummers though. i mean to be able to have rythme and hand eye control like that ( for some drummers anyways) i mean we guitarists knock them but like the bass and keyboard they are need to keep the guitar enjoyable. unless they have a minifridge. yah a GH joke sue me its funny
Quote by Aussieloco
Yeah but how weird would you look playing live with a drum machine?

it would be less embarassing than having a real drummer up there making a fool out of everyone with his inability to control volume.
Quote by dRummeR94
You mean like brand? size?type of wood?

Brand, but if you have all the specifics that'd be great.
I hit people on the heads to make beats.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Quote by HeavenlyVirus
it would be less embarassing than having a real drummer up there making a fool out of everyone with his inability to control volume.

That's why pillows were invented.
Quote by HeavenlyVirus

You should die. It's called playing lightly!
UG'S THRASHOHOLIC DRUMMER
WRECK YOUR NECK WITH A PASSION FOR THRASHIN
Quote by metal overlord
You should die. It's called playing lightly!

Yeah, the people who can't control how hard they hit aren't holding there sticks correctly.
Quote by HeavenlyVirus
they're not for suffocating children?

oops..

No, their for suffocating you.
i hope this thread does stay open, just for the laughs, cuase from you bunch i kinda guessing drummers have a latent aggressive side but either dont want to fight or cant fight so they pound on drums

no disrespect though thats just vibe im getting. also i think the rev is an amazing drummer any one else think so?
Quote by Aussieloco
Brand, but if you have all the specifics that'd be great.

I dont think brand really matters, but I use pro-mark. I use their Japanese Oak because they last a little longer and you can hit harder with them. But if you really want sticks that last long Id go with plastic sticks. Ive never tried them but Ive heard they last longer. But theyre also more expensive and i heard they give a different sound.
what's a drummer mommy?

A drummer is a kid who has arm spasms so he buys big blocks of plstic to bang on

just kidding i love drummers
the world wouldn't be the same without you guys
Quote by F8iscruel
i hope this thread does stay open, just for the laughs, cuase from you bunch i kinda guessing drummers have a latent aggressive side but either dont want to fight or cant fight so they pound on drums

no disrespect though thats just vibe im getting. also i think the rev is an amazing drummer any one else think so?

No, not all drummers have an agressive side. It's just me and my defenciveness.
Quote by Atreyu27
what's a drummer mommy?

A drummer is a kid who has arm spasms so he buys big blocks of plstic to bang on

They also make your heads last 1/2 as long
Quote by Atreyu27
what's a drummer mommy?

Exactly. There'd be much less deaf people!
Quote by dRummeR94
I dont think brand really matters, but I use pro-mark. I use their Japanese Oak because they last a little longer and you can hit harder with them. But if you really want sticks that last long Id go with plastic sticks. Ive never tried them but Ive heard they last longer. But theyre also more expensive and i heard they give a different sound.

I used Ahead Carbon sticks before, they set me back £30 and sounded just as good as wooden sticks, lasted way longer, and have replaceable covers that cost about £5 a piece, so in the long run, they're awesome, I had to give mine away though, they were too heavy and they gave me blisters, I miss 'em now though, I just invested in a pair of drumming gloves to avoid blisters, so the Aheads would be great now...ah well.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Quote by HeavenlyVirus
drum machine > actual drummer

You know what? How bout I shove a stick up your ass and have the other end poke out an eyeball? Your eyeballs are the only balls you have.
Quote by dRummeR94

Like the shaft is made of plastic or the nylon tipped? Cause I've never heard where the entire stick is made of plastic.

Edit: Ohhhhh I get what you're saying like composite hockey sticks.
HAY GUISE

WATS A DRUMAR?
LLOLOLOLOLOL!!!1

Serious
Drummers are evil
they have disconnected nunchucks and dont even know it
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by metal overlord
No, not all drummers have an agressive side. It's just me and my defenciveness.

oh well since you ugs drummer i consider oyu the representative for drummers, which means your all defective. but without defectiveness drumming wouldnt be as interesting, moby dick probally wouldnt sound good
Quote by RubberPuppiessu
HAY GUISE

WATS A DRUMAR?
LLOLOLOLOLOL!!!1

Serious
Drummers are evil
they have disconnected nunchucks and dont even know it

HAY GUISE!
WHO'S A ASSHOLE?
=O OH MY GAWDS
YOU ARE!!! =D

Your just jelous your "sticks" arent as big as ours.
Last edited by metal overlord at Jun 10, 2008,
Quote by F8iscruel
oh well since you ugs drummer i consider oyu the representative for drummers, which means your all defective. but without defectiveness drumming wouldnt be as interesting, moby dick probally wouldnt sound good

Defencive. It means you defend. Not Defective. I'm not defected
Quote by metal overlord
Hey, have you seen your dick? It's not where it's supposed to be.
Oh wait, I found it lodged in your butt.

Duuuuuude. Chill, you don't have to threaten everyone who makes a joke.
Quote by Aussieloco
Like the shaft is made of plastic or the nylon tipped? Cause I've never heard where the entire stick is made of plastic.

Edit: Ohhhhh I get what you're saying like composite hockey sticks.

Trying go here
aheaddrumsticks.com
They have an artists section with Lars Ulrich, Joey Jordinson, and Tommy Lee, so they probably aren't bad at all. Plus Kifffa said he liked his ahead sticks a lot so yeah.
Quote by Aussieloco
Duuuuuude. Chill, you don't have to threaten everyone who makes a joke.

I do have to settle down.
Hahaha....yea
Quote by metal overlord
Defencive. It means you defend. Not Defective. I'm not defected

oh im generally sorry i missed the n & c lol, my bad