Hi guys, i have a problem with legato. i've been playing electric guitar for about 2 years now and i dont have alot of problems with learning solos, i can play most of guns n roses' solos except for a few. But i wanted to learn some Iron Maiden songs cuz i love them so i started with The number of the beast and all was fine till i got to the solos. which almost only consist of hammer on-pull-offs. I discovered i sucked at that so i decided i should practise it alot.

This was all about half a year ago. Now, i practised these legato things just about everytime i picked up my guitar and im just as bad at them. i cant get any speed, i cant get the volume, my fingers get tired quickly buy doing them. its getting frustrating.

anybody else had the same problem/
PSN name = Barmanation
me. but i found the solution in changing gauges from 10's to 9's. but i guess practice is your friend. it's something that i've slowly developed.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
practice very slowly at frist is one wa.
however i did it differently i got my start on guitar with guitar hero. and hammerons and pulloffs in the orignal 2 were very challenging when trying to doing hammerons and pulloffs. once i got good enough with those i actually sometimes practice on gh3 every couple of days. but i say this now you need to practice on real guitar as well other wise youll wont get the feel down. do it rightafter you paly a song on GH. i know it sounds like crpa but honestly bonus songs in GH2 are very good for speeding up your single strign legato.

doesnt help your multi string palying in anyway though
Quote by F8iscruel
practice very slowly at frist is one wa.
however i did it differently i got my start on guitar with guitar hero. and hammerons and pulloffs in the orignal 2 were very challenging when trying to doing hammerons and pulloffs. once i got good enough with those i actually sometimes practice on gh3 every couple of days. but i say this now you need to practice on real guitar as well other wise youll wont get the feel down. do it rightafter you paly a song on GH. i know it sounds like crpa but honestly bonus songs in GH2 are very good for speeding up your single strign legato.

doesnt help your multi string palying in anyway though

dude, i ****ing hate that ****ty game.

thanks for ur advice though
PSN name = Barmanation