So, I've been reading UG forums and tabs/chords for a long time. I thought I'd say hey to everyone and start posting.

Anyways, my real name is Allen, I'm 20 years old and have been playing for 6 years.

I own a Squier Strat, Blue Ridge acoustic, REAL Fender '65 twin reverb amp, few practice amps...pedals...blah blah blah.

So, I'm about to buy a new guitar, I've had my Strat and Blue Ridge since day one. I'm ready to pick something new up everyday. Ya dig?

I think I'm going with an Ibanez ADD120 or ADX120. My price range max is $300 and I'm looking for something that can throw down some serious lead metal. Any suggestions are appreciated.
welcome to UG.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Glad to see ya finally joined... You can feel free to post that again here and for questions on guitar you can ask those in the forums here

and make sure to read the stickies and all the rules and all that jazz...

but welcome to UG!

Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
You're long overdue for a new electric. I'm really confused. You have a nice acoustic, crappy electric, nice little amp and you want to play metal. Have you been playing metal or is it something you think you might like?
Quote by mikko_9119
Glad to see ya finally joined... You can feel free to post that again here and for questions on guitar you can ask those in the forums here

and make sure to read the stickies and all the rules and all that jazz...

but welcome to UG!

Yea I'm a infamous member on a couple other car forums.

And thanks!
Quote by Free Time
You're long overdue for a new electric. I'm really confused. You have a nice acoustic, crappy electric, nice little amp and you want to play metal. Have you been playing metal or is it something you think you might like?

Well, I love my Strat, I've never had any problems out of it. It's really comfortable to me. Would you really consider that amp little? I mean...it weighs about 60lbs IMO, and gets LOUD AS HELL.

Metal was the first thing I started playing, still do and I love it. I just want an aggressive guitar.
Quote by glamhairmetal
keep the blue ridge

Oh the Blue Ridge isn't going ANYWHERE. My father left it to me when he passed away 14 years ago. Along with the Fender amp, a few pedals, and his very first guitar ever, a Kay electric. That thing is old as balls...

The Blue Ridge...even though it's a really old guitar, I promise you it looks brand spanking new, and always will.

EDIT. I'm used to the "Double post automerge" feature, sorry for the double post.
Welcome to UG man

And out of interest, what genre's do you play? Might help us decide.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Welcome to UG...

I think for your experience level you're gonna want a guitar worth more than $3000, you get what you pay for...
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by VanTheKraut
Welcome to UG...

I think for your experience level you're gonna want a guitar worth more than $3000, you get what you pay for...

I assume you are joking.
Quote by Iam99x
I assume you are joking.

there's plenty more prats around here. *sigh*
welcome to ug. lol.
He means "idiots" my friend.

And that is one hell of a guitar. I've played it, feels great, sounds great, and is great for the money. Great choice

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

You listen to 99.3 too. I live in Florida so I get 99X. I didn't know they broadcast to Georgia because when I drove up to Jacksonville I couldn't get the station. That's weird.

Anyway, I did the same thing you did by using this site for tabs for about a year then decided to join. Btw nice selection on guitar, I have an Ibanez but a different model and it rocks. See ya in the forums!
"A sense of purpose overrides reason."- Terry Goodkind

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

\,,/GETCHA PULL!!!\,,/
- the late and ever-loved "Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
Quote by atlasguitar
You listen to 99.3 too. I live in Florida so I get 99X. I didn't know they broadcast to Georgia because when I drove up to Jacksonville I couldn't get the station. That's weird.

Anyway, I did the same thing you did by using this site for tabs for about a year then decided to join. Btw nice selection on guitar, I have an Ibanez but a different model and it rocks. See ya in the forums!

I'm not sure if I get that station. I have honestly stopped listening to the radio. I burn MP3 CD's and use my iPod.

99x went off air a few months ago, but you can still stream them online!

I used to love 99x, but about a year or so ago, they changed the kind of music they played. MUCH less alternative, that's when I faded away. But, my username on everything else is "Iam99x", and I just keep using it to make it easy.
What they went off air? When did this happen? Maybe they quit broadcasting further north. For me 99X is now just tolerable I generally listen to classic rock stations.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

\,,/GETCHA PULL!!!\,,/
Yea they went off air for sure. It was a few months ago I think, not sure of the exact time.

Now when I go to 99.7 it plays pop/rap/hip hop.
Quote by Iam99x
Yea they went off air for sure. It was a few months ago I think, not sure of the exact time.

Now when I go to 99.7 it plays pop/rap/hip hop.

Don't know about that because I'm listening to it right now. Whatever.

\,,/GETCHA PULL!!!\,,/