In the near future (and by near I mean about 4-5 years when I have the money, as I save slowly) I plan on purchasing a PRS custom 24 or 22. It's going to be 'blue matteo,' but other than that I haven't decided anything else.
Pros and cons of the 24 as opposed to the 22, flame vs. quilt top vs. solid, non transparent finish (i.e. black), etc.
Please discuss.
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not
Most of those differences are either purely cosmetic or down to personal preference. The only real difference I can think of is the 24 comes with the wide thin neck and the 22 comes with a wide fat neck...

And I feel you pain on slowly saving up for a real PRS. Although, I doubt it's going to take me any where near four years to save up for one.
Last edited by T!AN at Jun 10, 2008,
I have the same plan, same guitar. I'm probably going to get the 24 fretted though, just because I always use that 24th fret. Sorry didn't help there, ha.
But you know, there might be a different guitar that has far more potential by that time. Thats also what I was thinking when I was deciding my future rig. I have all these plans for this that and the other, but the perfect setup might not be made yet.
haha i hear you goldfish. i was just on the website, and the 24 only comes with the tremelo bridge. i def want a stoptail. and edg, not to disregard what you said, the PRS i played (in the same category as what i'm looking at) totally blew me away. on the same note, LP's don't really do it for me in the same way they do to a gibson freak.
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not
Gibson's don't do that much for me either. I'll stick with my Epiphone and it will do its job of duplicating the sound of a Gibson to a decent degree. In fact, very guitars have wowed me. PRS was the only one, apart from the Maverick F-1 that I was fortunate enough to buy one before they packed it in that have brought me to giggles.
Quote by party_on_wayne
edg, not to disregard what you said, the PRS i played (in the same category as what i'm looking at) totally blew me away. on the same note, LP's don't really do it for me in the same way they do to a gibson freak.

Well, they're nice guitars. Nothing wrong with them at all. Some of its just
preference, and some of its what I compare it against. I don't think it's any
better of a guitar than some of my others, which I got for a lot less. Then again, it's
not as nice as number of my other guitars which are about comparable price or more.

I have 3 Gibsons, all which I think are far superior to the PRS 22, but then again
they aren't run of the mill Gibsons. I think it's likely you'd do better with the PRS
than most Gibson's you're like to find hanging in Guitar Center.

Alembics I think are even a few notches above the Gibsons.

Preference-wise, I probably like a nice Strat more than the PRS, for a lot less.

So, overall I'd give PRS a pretty solid average. Not a great value, but good
quality.