Is this a good pedal for bass? Im thinking of buying my dad this for fathers day.
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
thefitz speaks highly of it when i asked him
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
In my opinion, it's the best octaver. Period. Plus lower noise than the full sized version. If you can justify the concept of a $250 guitar pedal, this one's worth it.

It will octave down an B string.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
In my opinion, it's the best octaver. Period. Plus lower noise than the full sized version. If you can justify the concept of a $250 guitar pedal, this one's worth it.

It will octave down an B string.

I really don't get too much noise with my POG but I can see where this could be a concern. But I really think that if you are spending the money on the microPog you might as well go on and get the POG. You have some more tone shaping options and the 2 octave up, which is AWESOME.
I've played the full-sized POG and I'd absolutely recommend it, so I'm guessing the MicroPOG would be fine as well.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
I don't really think the POG was worth the extra 50% of the price. I will never use 2 octaves up, and the octaving doesn't sound exactly like the octave strings of an 8/12 string, so the detuners won't really get much use from me either. Don't recall if there's a low pass filter, but if there is, that's key. However, the Micro POG runs your dry signal 100% and, once again, can double down a low B and never loses tracking. You can double down anything without losing tracking - it just gets to a point where you can't tell what the note is.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
wait a minute, 50% of the price? how much is the POG? I thought it was only like $350 versus $275...

someone pat me on the back and call me charlie, follow the cream soda and do some research.

and after that, explain to me what I just said.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Quote by thefitz
I don't really think the POG was worth the extra 50% of the price. I will never use 2 octaves up, and the octaving doesn't sound exactly like the octave strings of an 8/12 string, so the detuners won't really get much use from me either. Don't recall if there's a low pass filter, but if there is, that's key. However, the Micro POG runs your dry signal 100% and, once again, can double down a low B and never loses tracking. You can double down anything without losing tracking - it just gets to a point where you can't tell what the note is.

Why wouldn't you use the 2 octave up? That is like the best part! And there is a low pass filter on the POG. And the detuning sliders help to make the effect sound a little less electronic to me.
I paid $220 for mine, and thought the POG was about $350. 50% of $220 is $110, which, added to the original amount, is $330. Hence, the POG, at ~$350, is 50% more than the Micro POG, at $220.

Maybe the sliders would make it a bit more organic, but I just can't necessitate the 2-octave up. I use it before my Fulltone to double for a guitar, and with chorus to... erm... double a clean guitar. I rarely need to double a 12-string or mandolin. The LPF is cool, but I'm not dying for one; the Micro POG doesn't chew anything up (I think this LPF's more for guitar).

Really, if there was a 5th up instead of a 2nd octave up (a la AKAI UniBass), we'd be talking. I just can't justify the price of a HOG... with that foot controller. Christ, I'd just buy an eBay Bass Whammy...

I hope they make a Micro HOG a la MicroSynth...

Also...

I'm going to pick up either a Bass Big Muff or an El Grande Fuzz...
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Fitzy with a Big Muff!
BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Hey, I got a question about the Micro Pog. I've been looking at them mostly for the octave up effect, so I was wondering, is it possible to run just the octave up through the effect out and the original bass tone through the dry out at the same time? I might think about running the octave through a guitar amp with some distortion while running the bass through a clean bass amp if it's possible.
Just remember...

"If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

^100% possible. There's a "dry out" which totally bypasses the pedal. Plug that out into a bass amp. Then plug the guitar amp into the effect out, making sure the dry and down knobs are completely off, and the up knob is completely cranked.
Quote by the humanity
Fitzy with a Big Muff!
BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!
But then maybe people would understand my teachings. I don't hate the Big Muff. I hate thoughtless, pointless crap. The Big Muff just so happens to be thoughtless, pointless crap. Hopefully, the bass version isn't (but man, that El Grande Fuzz sounds SWEET).
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Last edited by thefitz at Jun 11, 2008,
I know what you mean... it just made me chuckle, because you are so against the use of a guitar muff for bass.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by thefitz
^100% possible. There's a "dry out" which totally bypasses the pedal. Plug that out into a bass amp. Then plug the guitar amp into the effect out, making sure the dry and down knobs are completely off, and the up knob is completely cranked.
But then maybe people would understand my teachings. I don't hate the Big Muff. I hate thoughtless, pointless crap. The Big Muff just so happens to be thoughtless, pointless crap. Hopefully, the bass version isn't (but man, that El Grande Fuzz sounds SWEET).

Cool, thats how I thought it worked. I've been considering buying one for a long time, and I'm finally at the point where I can actually afford one, depending on how much money I have left after I buy a new cab.

That bass muff does look pretty promising, but I reserve judgment until I hear sound clips (which are awesome for MXR's new bass fuzz).
Just remember...

"If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

Quote by thefitz

Have you heard a sound clip of the bass big muff? I can't find one any where. But so far it's a tossup between the El Grande an Blow torch.

On topic: The micro pog sounded great when I played through it. I just can't spend that much on a pedal.
Ex nay on the Assbay Igbay Uffmay. I really don't like bass distortions that "blend" the clean, so I'm getting either a Muff or El Grande for sure.
Quote by Cody_Grey102