Ultimate Guitar = free.
Is there more that needs to be said?
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Lol Teach Yourself. Ultimate Guitar Lessons Are Great
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
www.jamplay.com -a cool site for beginners. if u have been playing for awhile i dont recommend the site only because they have been up and running for about a year, not many lessons yet for an advanced or intermedite player

www.guitarmasterclass.net its an okay site. iv been a member for awhile but just cancelled. to much drama on the forums and teh site is about quanity of videos. not quality. they put up at least like 5 videos a day. and only one video would be midly cool but check it out. it might be what your looking for.

www.infiniteguitar.com is a cool site, agian there kinda new so not that much stuff on there but worth checking out

www.workshoplive.com is cool nothing special.

there are other sites out there that may be better. but iv tried all of those sites. also guitarinstructer.com but you have to pay for each lesson, not a one month fee.
I drive a big chevy truck

Jackson DKMGT
Epiphone SG
VOX-AD30VT
Peavey BXP bass
Yamaha 12 string acoustic
Behringer BX1800 Bass amp
KORG toneworks pandora's box PX4D
BOSS overdrive/distortion
Quote by GeekInThePink
Personal lessons.

Quoted For Truth.
Pinch Harmonics are all about luck. The more you practice them, the luckier you get.
Instead of starting a new thread i thought id just bump this one .. im currently getting private tuition but thought i might join an online site for a month to trial it out while i got some extra coin lying around.

So im wondering whether anyone has any experience with either
Guitartricks.com or Jamplay.com or if anyone could recommend one of the two.
He isn't well liked on this site as he promotes his business in his free articles, but Tom Hess is a good'un.
Just wanted to update this thread since toolfan's post. Back in 2008 we didn't have much beyond beginner lessons. Now..we're loaded up with advanced content (including some tough song lessons). We of course feel we're the best out there but I like to leave that up to you guys to decide. Sign up and see what you think. If you don't like the site...just let us know and we will provide you with a full refund.
Quote by JamPlay
Just wanted to update this thread since toolfan's post. Back in 2008 we didn't have much beyond beginner lessons. Now..we're loaded up with advanced content (including some tough song lessons). We of course feel we're the best out there but I like to leave that up to you guys to decide. Sign up and see what you think. If you don't like the site...just let us know and we will provide you with a full refund.

*Reported* for advertising
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Interesting ban hammer conundrum on this thread. The question of decent pay sites being answered by someone from a pay site.

I noticed that the OP is currently banned. That might be a good way to resolve the conflict if they were in fact banned for posting about pay sites in the first place. A better question would be to ask about other decent sites whether they are free or pay. Personally I bounce back and forth between here and Justinguitar
Yeah, guitartricks are kind of useful, tried them before, ages ago. You don't really need any of those resources though, there is nothing that can't be learnt by reading a few free articles and sifting through random tablature and learning the interesting bits.
We pay to advertise here on UG so I hope that the admins wouldn't have an issue with me replying with some info here and there.

On consultation with our admins they understand that you have paid for some advertising, but the advertising that's paid for is for the main site - not the forums, which are to remain free of advertising. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Quote by LaGrange
Ultimate Guitar = free.
Is there more that needs to be said?

Spot on
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett