Effects
RP350
big muff pi
crybaby wah
RC-2 loop station

Amps
Spider II 15W
Bugera 333XL 212
although tool is considered a prog band they aren't really in my books, i see prog consisting of more shred, like protest the hero
You weren't registered when there was no Shred forum. This forum was created for discussing Guns N Roses. However, the other 80s music started creeping in here and eventually it became the shred forum. Naturally we wanted to discuss John Petrucci and Michael Romeo, guitarists in the prog metal bands Dream Theater and Symphony X, so the "progressive" was added to the end.

Take tool discussions to the Modern Rock forum.
I don't think thats really fair because most modern progressive bands messhuggah mastodon and teh mars volta arent the least bit shreddy

and older prog like king crimson and frank zappa aren't really that shreddy either
Guitars
Gretsch corvette
Epiphone SG special

Effects
RP350
big muff pi
crybaby wah
RC-2 loop station

Amps
Spider II 15W
Bugera 333XL 212
Meshuggah and Mastodon both go in the metal forum anyway.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
King crimson and frank zappa have a less metally vibe than Tool, and DT etc have a more shreddy feel, which is why they are both dumped in the same pool.
Its also a fanbase thing, it just works out better that tool aren't in here because most of their fans would probably be in either the metal or modern rock forums.
Originally posted by TapMaster
If you break a JEM you know your going to go to hell when you die

Only member of the 'This is too immature for me' club.