Has anyone....

an opinion?
played one?
heard anything about it?

Godin 5th Avenue Kingpin

I was going to get a nice acoustic but then started to veer towards an archtop.
This seems like the best of both worlds electrically and acoustically.

Too good to be true?

Its 555euro, which a is great price.

Finally are Godins (or at least this particular model) actually made in Canada?

THANKS
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

I think you better take this to the acoustic guitar forum, as you'll probably get better responses there.
That's an amazing looking guitar for the price. Playability, and quality I know nothing about aside from that Godin is partners or possibly the same company as Seagull which make amazing acoustics for a great price.

And yes they are made in Canada.
yeah Godin and Seagull are essentially the same company.

I know Godin have a good reputation so this guitar could be a strong contender for me!

anyway just to keep my options open....

any suggestions for a similar type guitar, in the 400-700 euro range? I would actually prefer some vintage model, maybe a Framus or Hofner? any other brands im forgetting? other suggestions?
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Hey there,

I haven't played the kingpin version of the 5th avenue, but I actually own the standard acoustic version. It's tons of fun to play, has a really unique and nice sound, and plus it looks great. I'd highly recommend it. This is my second Godin now and both have been amazing guitars, especially for the money.
You are only aloud to buy this guitar if you get a trilbey.
Guitars gear
Fender Nashville Telecaster
Vox AD30 Valvetronix
Zoom 707 multi effects
Quote by slash=legend
You are only aloud to buy this guitar if you get a trilbey.

i have TWO trilbys

ok so the godin i have opinions on....what about vintage jazzboxes?
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

I think they're made in Canada, yes, but some of the materials are shipped from Vermont or something. Hold on, let me check something here...

EDIT: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=753770

Look there, I made a thread about this company and got really good replies. Should answer a great deal of your questions, hopefully.
Last edited by XxGibsonSGxX at Jun 12, 2008,