so today i woke up at 4:15am to float the james river. i got in the boat at about 5:45. at 6 i snagged a tree with my tiny torpedo. its a surface popper with 2 treble hooks. for people that dont know, its basically 3 hooks glued together. for a total of 6 hooks on the lure. we were moving with the current in the boat so i went to pull it off and with 10 lb test, it wasnt going to be easy. so i kept pulling and it snapped. about that time i felt a stinging in my arm. i look down and theres my lure....hooked in my arm. 3 hooks came out easily, but still got in pretty deep. 1 hook was really in there. i cut it off and left as much of the hook on my arm so the doc had something to work with. i went 14 hours with a hook in my arm. i finally got it taken out. it was in deep too. it took alot of cutting and numbing shot stuff. anyone had similar experiences? i got pics....but they are on my phone.
Upload pics. Now.

On second thought, don't. That really sucks.
I'll sound harsh, but I'm glad it was you arm and not the poor fish?

Think how the fishies feel!
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
This one time I got my penis stuck into this soft wet thing. I couldn't get it out so I'd pull back then thrust inward to build momentum but I never seem to pull all the way out.. odd..

Anyway it ****ing sucked.
^^actually the only sucky part was the 10 minutes wasted on trying to cut the hook. i lost some good fishing time there. it didnt hurt too bad.

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

ha. i caught 35 to 40 fish so. no. no poor fish.
I've seen people get hooked in worst places. But damn, that's gotta hurt.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
couldve been your penis that got impailed

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
That sucks, but be glad it was just your arm.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Last edited by Chris_Parker at Jun 10, 2008,
Quote by trsc
This one time I got my penis stuck into this soft wet thing. I couldn't get it out so I'd pull back then thrust inward to build momentum but I never seem to pull all the way out.. odd..

was it brown when you withdrew it?
Quote by pan!c@d1sc0
was it brown when you withdrew it?

Nah just kind of gooey with some white stuff around. I think it was form all the friction or something. Thanks for the concern though.
I once had to get stitches after a catfish cut me.What were you going after
BromptonCocktail of the A7X Army PM Copius
happened to me when i was about 5 but in the back of my head and was like 1/16 of an inch(i think) from severing nerves in my neck
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

the fish can't feel it.

they have mad fat in their lip
Quote by BigChief84
I once had to get stitches after a catfish cut me.What were you going after

smallmouth. caught bout 35 or 40. 15 were 1.5lbs+. and a largemouth that was 2.5. i think a couple of the smallies were upwards of 2. maybe 2.5
Quote by metal Lover
When you said "tiny torpedo" I thought you meant something else.

I totaly thought that too.
E-High 5
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
The fish can't feel it because they don't have any pain receptors in their mouth. I know what I'm talking about with this.

I've hard this happen twice, once with a bass fishing popper plug whose treble hook got stuck in my hand, and once when a 5/0 saltwater hook went through my hand. That was awful. Both required trips to the hospital, where clipping of the hook and some minor surgery was required.

Sorry to hear about your predicament.
I did this when I was young. I was fishing in a lake...with a deep sea fishing hook that was like 3 inches long. It got snagged so a pulled as hard as I could and it broke free and flew directly into the center of my right wrist(I said I was young, not smart lol). I didn't even feel it but it scared the living hell out of me. The doctor in the ER gave me some shots then Stabbed the barb out another part of my wrist, cut the barb, then took it out the way it came in. At least I didn't hit a vein/artery! I still get a little paranoid around idiots slinging razor sharp hooks around me. Because I used to be one =)
That sucks, fishing hooks can be nasty if they go in deep. My dad took one to the nose once when my idiot uncle was trying to cast...
“A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.”
-Bob Dylan

Quote by Freezer Burn

Congratz on the having the longest wall of text ever!

Quote by trsc

That must've been an awful experience for your dog.

ALTERNATIVE JOKE: The weird thing is, the girl never even noticed.
<Han> I love Hitler
That suck. My dad did the same thing to himself but it went all the way through his finger and he had to wait a few days before the Dr. could pull the whole hook out.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Quote by trsc
Nah just kind of gooey with some white stuff around. I think it was form all the friction or something. Thanks for the concern though.

dude, you're not funny. believe it or not, you aren't the first person to make crude and childish sexual jokes.
Quote by stratboy1193
dude, you're not funny. believe it or not, you aren't the first person to make crude and childish sexual jokes.

this is the pit. crude and childish sexual jokes are required.

so, where are my pics?!
When all else fails, ask the pit.
Quote by u.s.m.c.to-be
ha. i caught 35 to 40 fish so. no. no poor fish.

Please tell me you at least put them back?
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
oh i feel your pain! i was fishing off a rocky mark once(not on a boat) and i got snagged in weed very close in. I kept pulling the line gently and it came flying at me so I turned as fast as i could and it smacked me in the side of my head. I fell straight down lol. Very painful!
I was fly fishing and my mate walked behind me. Long story short,he now has a nose piercing