so i decided that instead of getting a new guitar, for the time being i am getting a humbucker for the bridge of my sss mim strat. seeing as it is an sss strat, i will need someone to route and install the humbucker because i will most likely mess it up.

anyways, i was wondering what the best bridge humbucker is for the price. im looking in the $75-$200 price range.
i play mostly classic rock and early metal like ac dc, led zeppelin, and black sabbath, ozzy osbourne, guns n roses
a lot of SSS strats have plenty of room for a humbucker.

and what amp are you using now?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jtguitar3495
i play mostly classic rock and early metal like ac dc, led zeppelin, and black sabbath, ozzy osbourne, guns n roses

A SD Hotrail could pull all that off pretty easily, and doesn't require routing. Are you absolutely dead- set on a full- size humbucker?
im using a 65 watt crate. and this may be a noobish comment but i didnt know there were different sizes of humbuckers
Quote by jtguitar3495
im using a 65 watt crate. and this may be a noobish comment but i didnt know there were different sizes of humbuckers

Hotrails are basically single- coil sized humbuckers... they don't sound EXACTLY like humbuckers, but they get damn close.
hotrails thru a crate 65 isnt going to help you with ur tone problem.

i suggest u upgrade your amp, look into a new pedal, or AT THE VERY LEAST, use a full sized humbucker in the bridge. (which will probably fit)
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

i just upgrader my amp i had i ****ty little squire 15 watt since middle school, im not in a band or anything and i dont feel like shelling out 600 buck for an amp
You're not going to hear much of a difference. Good guitar with good pick-ups going though a **** amp will sound like ****.
Quote by jtguitar3495
i just upgrader my amp i had i ****ty little squire 15 watt since middle school, im not in a band or anything and i dont feel like shelling out 600 buck for an amp

so then next best might be to find a pedal that helps achieve the tone you want, and if that's not possible then get a full sized humbucker, if THAT's not possible then get a single sized pickup.

the last option is going to provide the least amount of tonal difference.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62