All Right I'm Playing and Ibanez RG and Fender Strat Through A '94 Fender Ultimate chorus. I love the clean sound I get out of it but the distortion is lacking greatly. I play just about every style and would like to get some pedals to even out the harder edge of my playing. So I'm wondering whats the best combo of pedals to get bluesy classic rock to screaming heavy metal, and remain under around $350.00?

Also I got a jekyll and hyde pedal but can't seem to get it to work my way. Isa it worth keeping or should it go?
I reccomend the Boss MT-2 Metal Zone for your metal distortion and the Ibanez TS-808 for overdrive. That should run you about $247
Quote by LukeBTH
I reccomend the Boss MT-2 Metal Zone for your metal distortion and the Ibanez TS-808 for overdrive. That should run you about $247

No. TS, don't listen to this person. The MT-2 Metal Zone is junk (I owned it in my newb days ). Go with the EHX Metal Muff with Top Boost. You won't regret it...
I'd recommend a BOSS blues driver for the classic rock/bluesy part, you get a great warm tone with a little edge with it.
if you wanna pay an extra 75 bucks... and i'm sure it voids any kinda warranty...

i have a metal muff, and i love it. ever since i got my b-52 and my eq pedal I haven't really had a need to use it... but its a good petty pretty versatile. I recommend getting the bigger one with the extra top boost and eq knobs. I found with the top boost on it can get very trebly and the eq knobs seem to help a lot.

as for classic rock, or blusy, something like a tubescreamer sounds like it would suit you just fine.

But i've heard good things about the jekyll and hyde (i think thats spelled right) its got overdrive and distortion and might suit you well, but i have never used it so i can't really comment haha.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qjp_RxE1RSQ

this guy usually knows what he's talking about. and he said that the overdrive is like a tubescreamer 808 (similiar circuitry) and the distortion is similar to the ds-1. something you might wanna look into
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Last edited by ICANSEEYOU7687 at Jun 10, 2008,