Im looking to get a sound thats close to bands such as older Green Day, Blink-182, Sum 41 etc.... i was wondering if anyone has any equipment idea like amps, guitars, or pickups( don't matter if single coil or humbuckers) and dont ask what equipment i already got
what equipment do you already got?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by fafinaf
marshalls, strats, single coils, and a mean haircut

u need to be a hell of a lot more specific than that
Quote by kjkamo
u need to be a hell of a lot more specific than that

I dunno have a look at some music videos of the bands you like a find a haircut that suits you.
Go to the hairdressers with a picture and ask if they can try to copy it.
Might cost extra.
You have a Mg, I think in order to get a punk sound turn on the crushing overdrive.

You could also put in a Seymour Duncan Invader along with a Boss DS-1.
Quote by kjkamo
lol, losers

PHS thanks for the attitude. i dont think i wanna help you anymore
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
I don't know about Blink-182 and Sum 41, but I know the older Green Day sound was achieved with:

Guitar: mostly an old cheap Stratocaster copy with a Seymour Duncan JB model humbucker bridge pickup. Neck and middle pickups were almost never used. On a few oddball songs Billie Joe also used a customised Telecaster, another Strat copy, and a Gibson ES-135, all modified with a SD JB model humbucker in the bridge position.

Amp: a modified Marshall head and cab combo dubbed 'Pete'. The closest stock you can get to it is a Marshall Super Lead 100w. The exception is on the Nimrod album, where he mostly used a Fender Bassman amp.

Overdrive/Distortion: Billie Joe has only ever used the inherent overdrive generated by cranking his amp and the high-output pickup in his guitar. No pedals are used.

Picks: Billie Joe uses Dunlop Tortex .76 and .88 picks. His picking technique involves digging the pick very heavily (as Angus Young of AC/DC did), and using his shoulder for any strumming/chord playing, rather than his wrist. The trick is to hit with as much force as possible, basically. He also lets his thumb overhang the tip of the pick slightly so that every chord/strum he plays is picked with the pick first, and then hit by his thumb immediately after, effectively picking twice almost instantly.

Strings: Ernie Ball Super Slinky .09 strings on every guitar and every album.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by kjkamo
Im looking to get a sound thats close to bands such as older Green Day, Blink-182, Sum 41 etc.... i was wondering if anyone has any equipment idea like amps, guitars, or pickups( don't matter if single coil or humbuckers) and dont ask what equipment i already got

What equipment you already got?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by jj1565
what equipment do you already got?

Quote by steven seagull
What equipment you already got?

what gear do you have bro?

(for those that dont know: Jenny knows everything and Steven knows everything that you need to know)
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik