It has been considerably hot up here in MA, so I was wondering does the heat and humidity affect my effect pedals in anyway because I've heard of people who drill holes in the sides off wahs and stuff when theyre running for long periods (to cool them im guessing?). I have a roger mayer fuzzbox and a vox wah and was wondering if I should take the bottom plates off when running them? Thanks..
cheers betch
iono but it affects your guitar.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I keep my guitars in their cases all the time unless using them does it still affect them?
cheers betch
Quote by j.pagejr.
I keep my guitars in their cases all the time unless using them does it still affect them?

Its mainly the temperature that affects it.
But it's not going to do too much unless you leave your guitar in the sun for a few weeks.

The main thing I hate about the weather is when it's cold my hands are frozen and slow so I can't play guitar without warming up for an hour.
I end up playing half as much in winter
general rule of thumb is to never leave your guitar (with or without case) where ever you would not be comfortable in for an extended period of time. and rapid changes in temperature up and down up and down can screw with your guitar too.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack