Alright, so i am always improvising, even when Im not at my guitar, in my head. I came up with a kick ass melody in A major. The problem seems to be continuing it, I know how to play the A major scale all over the fretboard but when I start improvising, I start hitting offkey notes, do weird repetitions, etc. How should I go about continuing the song/solo (w/e u prefer lol)? Do I need to go at it really slow and move around the guitar slowly to make sure indeed I am hitting the right notes or what?
Quote by OhSoInsane
Alright, so i am always improvising, even when Im not at my guitar, in my head. I came up with a kick ass melody in A major. The problem seems to be continuing it, I know how to play the A major scale all over the fretboard but when I start improvising, I start hitting offkey notes, do weird repetitions, etc. How should I go about continuing the song/solo (w/e u prefer lol)? Do I need to go at it really slow and move around the guitar slowly to make sure indeed I am hitting the right notes or what?

hmm?
It is the right note depending on what you want your song to be like....
I mean, the harmonic minor scale can be used in a minor key, yet it has the "wrong off-key note"....
Try to stay in key most of the time, and add variations to it wisely, maybe switch to a mode, or another scale, whatever, as long as it continues the form of your song...

Then add a Phrygian Dominant solo (god I love that scale)....
Thanks for the help guys!

Quote by gonzaw
I mean, the harmonic minor scale can be used in a minor key, yet it has the "wrong off-key note"....

very nice example, thanks!