http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=242374195

Awesome band. A good number of you are probably familiar with their 2007 album Eater of Birds, which is absolutely amazing. It sorta sounds like Melechesh without the middle-eastern influences.

The Ritual Use of Fire songs are fuckin' creepy.
Eater of Birds is freakin amazing. Pretty unique dudes, and from the USA, so hell yeah.

How does War Metal compare to Eater of Birds?
Haven't heard it, so I don't know.

The general consensus seems to be that War Metal is more straightforward, while Eater of Birds is more varied in its sound (as well as being the all-around better album).
War Metal is average. I wouldn't really bother.

Eater of Birds is much better though.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
thats kinda cool

to sum up McSorely's thoughts (paraphrasing etc.)

"I'm not in the Army because I'm patriotic, I just like to kill people"
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Quote by Mr. President
Eater of Birds is freakin amazing. Pretty unique dudes, and from the USA, so hell yeah.

How does War Metal compare to Eater of Birds?

Not just USA. Colorado. Even more win. Every other band from here sucks, pretty much.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
And the best goddamned ski resorts in the States
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

So, this band deserves far more fellation than they are getting, i've been listening to them far too much of late and it's just fantastic stuff.
i only have gin. At first i thought it was great, but i havent listened to it in ages ....

i think i'll pick up eater of birds at some point, i like what ive heard from that.
Both Eater of Birds and Gin are ridiculously badass. I prefer EoB over the two, I think. Still haven't heard War Metal, but from what I've heard I'm not exactly anxious to get a hold of it.
Yeah, I haven't either, though I might download it sometime just to see what it's like.

Also, I like Gin better, but i've been listening to it a huge amount lately, I need to listen to EoB some more now.
Last edited by Deplorable at Mar 6, 2010,
Quote by progbass
you guys got John Elway at least

Quote by linfield4466
And the best goddamned ski resorts in the States

True.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
These guys would be bloody insane live, they need to get a band together and tour, because their songs are just so good, I mean, think of the "I drink the... GIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNN" part live, it would be so ****ing good.
ahaha, I don't think I want it to be a hardcore show, but it would be as intense but that part in Arsonry just kills.

The way EoB flows is amazing, like a journey from beginning to end.
Cobalt and what they mean to me:
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Still haven't checked out War Metal, is there any reason too? What about Landfill Breastmilk Beast? May get them later.
Cobalt is the band for me, I can't help but go on this musical journey of ritualism and emptiness when I put on Eater of Birds; they are quite possibly my favorite black metal band. I can't even put into words the way that album makes me feel, I guess it makes me want to eat birds, preferably chicken.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Cobalt... gah... I honestly dont see the appeal... They're just... not very good, to me.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
From McSorley:
I have decided to quit Cobalt. I am grateful for what Cobalt started from, and the impressive amount of people affected by its music. I still feel a connection with the work we did, but I no longer feel that I am a part of its vision.
Cobalt started with Erik and I making angry and heartfelt music, that later moved into more expressive music. It held a ton of symbology to my life, and for its help in making me who I am I am grateful.
I will continue to make music on my own terms, but for me Cobalt is best left where it is. Thanks to all for the years of friendship and support. If Erik continues to create under the name Cobalt I support his decision. He was always a genius anyway.

From a Facebook post an hour ago. Such a shame. I was hoping to hear some new material from them soon.
Quote by Senor Kristian
I was wondering what happened to these guys. Given that it's been five years without an album, I'm not sure I see these guys continuing any further.