Might be a silly question but I'm trying to get information on this and can't find it.

I'm looking at getting two Seymour Duncans for my Les Paul. For example Pearly Gates ...\

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-SHPG1-Pearly-Gates-Pickup?sku=301100

You can get them in neck OR bridge. If you get a neck and a bridge pickup of the same type like this, will they sound the same - are they coiled differently? What up?
neck has different spacing, further apart, and isnt as hot, so that switching between the pickups has no big difference in gain or volume
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
Quote by spiderjerusalem
neck has different spacing, further apart, and isnt as hot, so that switching between the pickups has no big difference in gain or volume

Spacing is the same, but yes, neck pickups will have lower output and are usually voiced a bit brighter.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Only the output is lower, the difference in 'voiceing' is a result of the difference in output.

Remember the bridge needs a higher output as the string vibrates less closer to the bridge, and obviously is vibrating most at the 12th fret, so the nearer you are to that point, the less oomph the pickup needs to give you the same volume at your ear.

- Rich
bridge pickups mostly have different winding than neck pickups. they have more output. for example, this:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-Distortion-Mayhem-SH6-Humbucker-Pair-?sku=300039

they match the output but they're the same pickups.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC