hey all. im selling my guitar, the lp in my sig. i do lead vox in my band aswell as rythem guitar, and im after something a litle lighter and less bulky then the lp. the music we play ranges from pink floyd to rage against that machine, to a perfect circle, the chillis and more so i knida need something prety versatile. i was thinking a explorer, i just love the shape, but ive never actually played one. i dont want a strat cause they too boring lol. so yeh, does anyone have any reccomendations? my budget is no more than $1000 NZD, which is bout $700 USD.

thanks
try a semi hollow guitar like an ES-335
those are way versatile but a little bulky
hmmm they arnt really my thing to be honest. outside of my band i like to play hard rock, punk rock etc....cheers tho
i used to think strats looked boring too til i held one and played around with it. now i think they are totally badass bro, the guys in pink floyd and rhcp play them, but if you dont like them maybe a used gibson flying v would fit in your price range they r nice
yeh the lead guitarist in my band has a real nice one and my second guitar is a strat rip off, and i admit they are nice to play but yeh i duno, i want something that jumps out and grabs me. can anyone comment on the sound from an explorer? are they suitable for softer rock as well as heavey stuff? cheers
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
thanks for those but nah still not m thing lol. ive been looking at some PRSs and im strating to like the shape of them, myt try go have a play on one somwday
Can't go wrong with a PRS, I suppose. In fact, I know of one that may soon be appearing on eBay, if you're interested. I can find out more about it for you and stuff...
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
thanks for that but im in new zealand and dont want to piss round wiht shipping across the world etc....lol