http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=0&TempID=1&STRID=22303&Method=2&CategoryID=0&BrandID=0&PriceRangeID=0&PageNum=0&DepartmentID=0&pagesize=10&SortMethod=3&SearchPhrase=kh202&Contains=%2Akh202%2A&Search_Type=SEARCH&GroupCode=
Kirk Hammet signature model. Guessing it's a cheap version, though.
Still, I have no idea what guitar I should be getting. I read the ten commandments, and the rest of that thread, so I have a much better understanding then I did when I wanted the pretty Explorer off the wall. But still, not sure what I want.
Just got a new amp, Line 6 Spider III 15w, for home. I'm still new to guitar, somewhat. Been playing seriously for a few months now and know two songs. I play metal and rock. Or, I'm trying too. Right now I have a Squier Bullet that I got from a friend. Don't like it. Not a huge fan of the Strat shape, but not entirely opposed. (And I think Telecasters look like Strats with Down Sydrome, but that's irrelevant) I love the Explorer though, and that's what I've been gawking at for the past few months now. But, I figure it's better to get better before buying an expensive guitar. Well, basically, want to know if anyone knows if the KH202 is worth it, and if not what other kinds I should be looking for. Nearest guitar store is SamAsh, if it helps.
well ill do this without being a jerk since more than liklely taht amp will casue it. line 6s are very very hated here at ug, and while i have no problem with them personally i dont think that was a wise choice even thought it isnt your permanent amp. on topic though if you want to play metal then get a heavy guitar like a schecter jackson or dean model, unless you want to shred, then get an ibanez rg or something. also do you know how to play the entire songs all the way through solo and all and what songs are they, just want to know because a few months and two complete songs is really good but a few months and a couple fractures of 2 songs... not so much maybe 7 or 8 fractures would be good though
Well, so far it's For Whom The Bell Tolls and Enter Sandman. Know rythm part all the way through on both, and learning solos at the moment. And didn't know that Line 6s were hated so much, lol. It was a cheap amp though and it sounds a helluva lot better than my old one. Also, not a huge selection in the store. But i'll use that for future reference. Also, know many fractures from other songs. XD
There's nothing wrong with Spiders as practice amps. It's getting the half stacks and the 150 watters that's a bad idea.
Quote by Defnition
Well, so far it's For Whom The Bell Tolls and Enter Sandman. Know rythm part all the way through on both, and learning solos at the moment. And didn't know that Line 6s were hated so much, lol. It was a cheap amp though and it sounds a helluva lot better than my old one. Also, not a huge selection in the store. But i'll use that for future reference. Also, know many fractures from other songs. XD

o just wanted to know i only know two or three songs myself and got serious last june then intensly serious at the beginning of the year. i know fade to black the heavy parts and most of raining blood. im not good at solos but i know the intro sweep of fade to black but the outro is a monster for me. and if i actually sat down with a good patience i could probally get some of the easier songs i listen to down perfect but im lazy lol i know like 200 or so fractures lol. and dont worry about the line six thing just warning you lol people tend not to respond when people say they have either
1 a marshal mg series
2 a line 6 amp
theyll just say to get a new amp then spam the same response for the next 5 pages lol
dont ask why because bandwagons are the source of travel here on ug. but dont worry you wont get flammed all that much being a fairly new guitarist. but just go try out a few models at your local guitar store and play them through your amp model to get a feel for waht it sounds like
dude how could you not like the strat shape?

i play my starcaster more than my epi LP!!

i guess thats totally subjective though..
little bit of sunshine
I got the last Spider III in the store, so playing that model there mught be a tad hard.
And I don't really hate it too much. (But I do hate telecasters, just do. Don't really know why, aside from the aforementioned retarded look)
But I hate the Squier Bullet. For sure. I just love the Exploere shape so much =p
Quote by Defnition
I got the last Spider III in the store, so playing that model there mught be a tad hard.
And I don't really hate it too much. (But I do hate telecasters, just do. Don't really know why, aside from the aforementioned retarded look)
But I hate the Squier Bullet. For sure. I just love the Exploere shape so much =p

if you like the explorer shape check out the ESP Ltd EX-50
I was thinking about that too, the EX-50. But not sure if I like the inverted..swoop thing part.
And i know it's not good too get too picky when choosing a guitar. And i haven't checked out the actual specs on it yet so I'll do it next time I'm at the store.
You like the Explorer shape (as do I, I got an Epiphone explorer as my first guitar - James Hetfield made me do it!)

May I suggest you check out this sexy bastard, it's actually cheaper than the Hammett you want so that's a definate plus right there. But seriously, check this out and see if you can try one out somewhere.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-FX260-Spalted-Maple?sku=512886
Bookmarked, and I'll think about it. Looks nice. Like the wood finish, but I'm not sure I's prefer it over a black finish. And James Hetfield made me want an Explorer too. He's a powerful, godlike bastard. And I love him.
Entirely your choice, I like woodgrain finishes too, but entriely your choice. Hetfield is powerful indeed. Well said, rock on, this guitar was just a thought. Good luck with the purchase, it's at least something to consider.
And I thank you for it.
Also, for some reason I just love the look of those types of pickups. The Humbuckers (I guess), but the square, black ones. On the Hammet guitar as well. Meh, random thought.
If you want the Kirk Hammett shape, then look at either the ESP LTD M series or the MH series (if you want a whammy bar), or the MH-NT series or H series (if you don't want a whammy bar).