Page 1 of 274
You know the drill.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
Good...good boy

Anyways, to FA, I mean there is lower singing on the new stuff...on the album "No Exit" there is some pretty high stuff
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
To Slay concering growls:

Interesting, I'd probably have to say that his hardest growls have to be from Heir Apparent. Deep, vicious and fast.
I consider his screams on Orchid to be the hardest, mostly because I cannot get those...

I can do black metal rasps though

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Look to my coming on the 1st light of the 5th day. At dawn, look to the East
My parents think I'm smart.... I am a master of optical illusions
Quote by Slaytanic1993
I consider his screams on Orchid to be the hardest, mostly because I cannot get those...

There certaintly more atmospheric

I would kill to just be able to growl

"Survey the sloooooopesss"
Quote by destroy_techno
Oh look, it's a new chat thread!

Wait, what?

Good on ya Marco, Morningrise is amazin'

Anyway, I'm thinking of suggesting an Opeth cover in one of my bands.. Which song should I go with? Not TOO long please.. We have to learn it and stuff >_>

Hmm...Bleak?

Quote by eggsandham2
I performed Isolation Years for a girl I was dating a while back.

I do recommend this as a panty moistener.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
When

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by Slaytanic1993

Those are actually the only Mikael growls I'm good with. I've always been more high pitched oriented, though.

I like to do black-ish metal vocals more than anything. I just find them funner and more appealing than regular ole growlies.

And, new Opeth thread. I'm glad the title is changed, as well. Not that it was false, by any means.

You should cover Demon of the Fall, DT. It's short and sweet. (stfu naysayers: you know who you are )
Oh goody. I thought there would be no Opeth thread...
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Broadsword
Those are actually the only Mikael growls I'm good with. I've always been more high pitched oriented, though.

I like to do black-ish metal vocals more than anything. I just find them funner and more appealing than regular ole growlies.

And, new Opeth thread. I'm glad the title is changed, as well. Not that it was false, by any means.

You should cover Demon of the Fall, DT. It's short and sweet. (stfu naysayers: you know who you are )

And, did you crit my Prog Metal song B-Sword...it was what I meant to link you...

Quote by eggsandham2
Has anybody figured out what the backwards vocals in Hessian Peel are saying?

I tried but could only figure out one phrase, which was something like "Oh sweet Satan."
Quote by darkstar2466
Oh goody. I thought there would be no Opeth thread...

Had that been the case, there would have been mass suicide.

Not to mention it was probably the most active thread. This will reach a thousand posts by the end of the week, most likely.
Credence would be great actually. Isolation Years is a little to rinse and repeat but its still a win song.
Quote by Slaytanic1993

And, did you crit my Prog Metal song B-Sword...it was what I meant to link you...

Oh, whoopsies. I'll get on that.
Quote by Slaytanic1993

I can't do Mike's black metally growls like "I have kept it, the amaranth symbol..." or "Through the vast enchanted forest..." My growls can go low to mid range. Under the weeping moon has some amazing vocals though.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Good...good boy

Anyways, to FA, I mean there is lower singing on the new stuff...on the album "No Exit" there is some pretty high stuff

Alright, thanks. I'll be sure to get Perfect Symmetry ASAP.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Broadsword
Oh, whoopsies. I'll get on that.

*takes DT's whip*

Get on it, boi.

*cracks whip, then hands back*

^ Just to say, they had Michael Kiske (Helloween fame) on a few albums, too.

Quote by eggsandham2
listening to still life for the second time tonight. i don't think i can ever really choose a favorite album. i definitely go through phases. although i have to say i consistently listen to morningrise. last week i listened to orchid about 50 times though.
Quote by LedFan1211
Speaking of forests.

Please more foresty atmosphere on the next album

[random idea]

THEY COULD DO A COLLABORATION WITH AGALLOCH!!!

[/random idea]
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by fallenangel20
[random idea]

[/random idea]

*dies of heart attack*

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by fallenangel20
[random idea]

[/random idea]

If only if only....

Agalloch + Opeth unite to form....

AGAPETH!

probably would be the greatest collaboration in the history of collaborations and just music in general.
Quote by LedFan1211
If only if only....

Agalloch + Opeth unite to form....

AGAPETH!

Opegallocheth!

^ No, that's already happened.

Mike + Steven Wilson + Mike Portnoy

Quote by eggsandham2
you got me. i thought that hasn't happened yet though... ? correct me if i'm wrong because i am definitely missing out if i am wrong.
No it hasn't, but it's going to happen some time, according to all three.

Quote by eggsandham2
i think it needs some epic guitarist like michael romeo or petrucci. i don't really know much about steven wilson. how is he on the guitar?
He's not technical, his solos(when he has them) are pretty standard but its very hard to explain how he works.

In short, he's just a genius. Mastermind as well.
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Mike + Steven Wilson + Mike Portnoy

I sure hope that happens because it would be amazing.

I'll have a bourbon.
Quote by lobster624
i think it needs some epic guitarist like michael romeo or petrucci. i don't really know much about steven wilson. how is he on the guitar?

Give him a random three chords and he can make them into something completely different and beautiful with both production and his soloing.

Like Led said, it's hard to explain...

He's just a mastermind, in the musical sense.

Quote by eggsandham2