so im spraying my old gutiar tommorow, just a solid finish with a gravity feed spray gun. all i want to know is what is the ratio of paint to thinner i use? i looked in the refinishing thread but couldnt find anything. thanks. also btw the manual that came with it doesnt specify.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
go to lowes or home depot and ask ther people.
GEAR
Guitar
Ibanez RG42DX
Peavey Valveking100
Avatar 4x12 cabinet w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Line 6 Spider 3
DOD Flanger
Ernie Ball Strings
Bass
Dean Edge 4
Peavey TNT 135
GHS Strings
well i would tell you but it depends what i find at my local hardware store tommorow, i have no idea what they have, but im sure its not much, also what grit sand papers will i need?(from start all the way to buffing). lastly how much primer,color and clear will i need? thanks
Just call me Bobby
Quote by mikeyElite

Quote by Invader Jim
your looking in the wrong place for paint. you wanna look in an automotive store like autozone. you can get duplicolor in cans instead of rattlecans. you'll need less than a can of each. and you'll need 220, 400, 800, 1200, 2000, and polishing compound. if your spraying with a gravity feed gun your gonna be paying for more finish than you will use in one guitar.
yea i know what your talking about, the hardware store does have exactly what your talking about. and thanks for the info and helping me out. i'll prob post some pics after i buy a pickguard and a newbridge pickup. ( im doin a small bit of mod to my backup guitar so u know)
Just call me Bobby
Quote by mikeyElite

Quote by Invader Jim